The Student Room Group

how can i do only GCSE s exams

Im 18 years old i attend btec lv 1 of engineering i dont have any GCSE s becouse im from italy.if it possible how can i do at least 5 GCSE s exams only exams not the course.
Original post by red95
Im 18 years old i attend btec lv 1 of engineering i dont have any GCSE s becouse im from italy.if it possible how can i do at least 5 GCSE s exams only exams not the course.

Examinations can be taken as a private candidate.
There is information about how to be a private candidate on the web sites of all UK examiners, in England they are AQA, Edexcel and OCR.
You have to find a centre willing to accept you and pay them the fee. Ask the examinations officer at your current college if you could be a private candidate there and which subjects they might let you take. Typically it would only be subjects that other students are taking in lessons. If they can't help, you have to start searching foroth we local schools, colleges or private centres that will.
Many GCSE include internally assessed coursework, practicals or other controlled assessments these can be difficult/impossible to arrange for private candidates which is why many people choose to take IGCSE instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest