Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

my name is Matt, and I recently applied for a job at the UK intellectual Property for a patent examiner role. I have worked as an intellectual property analyst for a leading private IP firm,
    and so have experience within the field.

I passed the first stage of the application process, and I have been invited to an interview next month.

any advice about the interview process would be much appreciated. Has anyone got to the interview stage?

were there any written exercises during the interview process and if so, was it describing an invention, etc?

any pointers on what to expect would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

Matt

ReputationRep:
    Have you had your interview yet? What sort of questions did they ask you?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

I also had an interview for the patent examiner role several weeks ago, and was wondering if anyone had heard back yet or knows when they will be letting applicants know of the outcome? The system has not been updated and still says I'm scheduled for interview?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Netballer93)
    Hey guys!

I also had an interview for the patent examiner role several weeks ago, and was wondering if anyone had heard back yet or knows when they will be letting applicants know of the outcome? The system has not been updated and still says I'm scheduled for interview?

Thanks!
    Hi,

My interview was back on 5th January, and heard back at the end of January - I didn't get the job; I was notified by e-mail. Good luck, I hope it goes well for you. How did you find the interview?

Cheers,

Matt

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

Thanks!
    Hi!
    Did you find out in the end?
    Thanks
    Robin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robinrhys)
    Hi!
    Did you find out in the end?
    Thanks
    Robin
    Hi!

Yes, I received the email a couple of days after I wrote the post! I was offered the job, despite being almost certain the interview was a write-off, given that it was nothing like I was expecting and I wasn't actually sure I had answered a single question correctly!

Did you also interview? If so, how did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

Yes, I received the email a couple of days after I wrote the post! I was offered the job, despite being almost certain the interview was a write-off, given that it was nothing like I was expecting and I wasn't actually sure I had answered a single question correctly!

Did you also interview? If so, how did you find it?
    Hi
    Interviewed in Janurary got the good news a month later! Thought I'd ballsed up everything, but I got the job offer! Did you accept?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.