UK IPO patent examiner interview Watch

Pullin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi all,

my name is Matt, and I recently applied for a job at the UK intellectual Property for a patent examiner role. I have worked as an intellectual property analyst for a leading private IP firm,
and so have experience within the field.

I passed the first stage of the application process, and I have been invited to an interview next month.

any advice about the interview process would be much appreciated. Has anyone got to the interview stage?

were there any written exercises during the interview process and if so, was it describing an invention, etc?

any pointers on what to expect would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

Matt
patch410
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have you had your interview yet? What sort of questions did they ask you?
Netballer93
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey guys!

I also had an interview for the patent examiner role several weeks ago, and was wondering if anyone had heard back yet or knows when they will be letting applicants know of the outcome? The system has not been updated and still says I'm scheduled for interview?

Thanks!
Pullin
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Netballer93)
Hey guys!

I also had an interview for the patent examiner role several weeks ago, and was wondering if anyone had heard back yet or knows when they will be letting applicants know of the outcome? The system has not been updated and still says I'm scheduled for interview?

Thanks!
Hi,

My interview was back on 5th January, and heard back at the end of January - I didn't get the job; I was notified by e-mail. Good luck, I hope it goes well for you. How did you find the interview?

Cheers,

Matt
robinrhys
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey guys!

Thanks!
Hi!
Did you find out in the end?
Thanks
Robin
Netballer93
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by robinrhys)
Hi!
Did you find out in the end?
Thanks
Robin
Hi!

Yes, I received the email a couple of days after I wrote the post! I was offered the job, despite being almost certain the interview was a write-off, given that it was nothing like I was expecting and I wasn't actually sure I had answered a single question correctly!

Did you also interview? If so, how did you find it?
robinrhys
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi!

Yes, I received the email a couple of days after I wrote the post! I was offered the job, despite being almost certain the interview was a write-off, given that it was nothing like I was expecting and I wasn't actually sure I had answered a single question correctly!

Did you also interview? If so, how did you find it?
Hi
Interviewed in Janurary got the good news a month later! Thought I'd ballsed up everything, but I got the job offer! Did you accept?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (129)
38.62%
No - but I will (19)
5.69%
No - I don't want to (25)
7.49%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (161)
48.2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise