Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    my teachers are forcing me to drop an as-level & only have 3??
    i'm fed up of this constant battle we have & just yesterday they said that 'they reserve the right' to make me do 3 instead of 4
    is that even allowed??
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    Yes they are allowed to do this.
    It would be expected if you are not performing well enough in class, home works, progress tests or mock exams for them to believe you will succeed in all four.
    Such an action should not come out of the blue and if things have not been going that well you should have been informed a while ago. It sounds from what you have said that this has been going on for a while. You should have been given a chance to prove you could turn this around.
    If you have not had a second chance, ask for one, ask to be given specific goals and time to complete them over the holidays so you can show you are up to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gdunne42)
    Yes they are allowed to do this.
    It would be expected if you are not performing well enough in class, home works, progress tests or mock exams for them to believe you will succeed in all four.
    Such an action should not come out of the blue and if things have not been going that well you should have been informed a while ago. It sounds from what you have said that this has been going on for a while. You should have been given a chance to prove you could turn this around.
    If you have not had a second chance, ask for one, ask to be given specific goals and time to complete them over the holidays so you can show you are up to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We had some mock exams in early November & I got CEUU but the majority of the class had those grades. A-levels are hard and having no experience on any of the past papers or anything and getting low grades wasn't quite the surprise really. I re sat on test after getting feedback and got a B. In all my topic tests the mocks onwards I was achieving A's and B's.
    I'm being forced to choose between maths & economics and I really don't want to drop either since I really enjoy them.
    As for asking for a second chance I'm planning on getting my parents to email them tonight. I don't think that they'll let me because they seemed really 'uptight' regarding the whole matter.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.