The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Brunel PGCE 2015-2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lamiya
How long do Brunel take to get back to you after interview?

My interview was on a Friday and they got back to me the following week on Tuesday :smile:
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Original post by AnsaOP
Well done! I still need to pass the skills test though -__-Not yet, I actually don't know how to, it's pretty confusing, going to try and figure it now hopefully.

Yeh same, I need to pass the skills test.
Reply 22
HEY! I have my pgce interview at Brunel on friday, in 2 days time!! just wanted to know what the interview process was like? how was the group task? what sort of questions did they ask in the one-to-one? and was the literacy and numeracy audit difficult? i'm really nervous and not sure if i've prepared enough! i still need to do my skills test. Please help!
Original post by Nuz1125
HEY! I have my pgce interview at Brunel on friday, in 2 days time!! just wanted to know what the interview process was like? how was the group task? what sort of questions did they ask in the one-to-one? and was the literacy and numeracy audit difficult? i'm really nervous and not sure if i've prepared enough! i still need to do my skills test. Please help!

Hi! I was quite nervous because it was my first PGCE interview ever. But it was really relaxing tbh. The group task was about how would you teach students to either tie their laces or make a smoothie. There was a third option (I can't seem to remember), but you choose one of them in your group and discuss what you need to do etc. One member from the PGCE team will listen in on you.

The one to one interviews were also very relaxing and not formal at all. I was asked why I wanted to be a teacher, what skills do I have, How would I deal with a challenging student and Also something about the National Curriculum.

The tests were quite simple, the English was regarding your experience in School. The Maths was like between KS2 and KS3. Nothing too serious.

Hopefully you'll smack it and Get it! Good Luck and Just be yourself the whole time!! :biggrin:
Reply 24
Original post by amalyusuf_
Hi! I was quite nervous because it was my first PGCE interview ever. But it was really relaxing tbh. The group task was about how would you teach students to either tie their laces or make a smoothie. There was a third option (I can't seem to remember), but you choose one of them in your group and discuss what you need to do etc. One member from the PGCE team will listen in on you.

The one to one interviews were also very relaxing and not formal at all. I was asked why I wanted to be a teacher, what skills do I have, How would I deal with a challenging student and Also something about the National Curriculum.

The tests were quite simple, the English was regarding your experience in School. The Maths was like between KS2 and KS3. Nothing too serious.

Hopefully you'll smack it and Get it! Good Luck and Just be yourself the whole time!! :biggrin:

Spoiler

Reply 25
Hey! I have my interview in 2 days time at brunel for primary PGCE. What was the interview process like? what did they ask? how was the group task? was the literacy and numeracy audit difficult? i'm really nervous :frown:
Reply 26
Hey! I got accepted onto the course starting September and accepted my offer - just need to pass the literacy skills test now as already done maths! Looking forward to meeting everyone! :smile:

Don't worry about the interview at all, it's pretty relaxed and they put you at ease :smile: the numeracy and literacy audits aren't that bad!

Good luck!
Original post by lgarstka
Hey! I got accepted onto the course starting September and accepted my offer - just need to pass the literacy skills test now as already done maths! Looking forward to meeting everyone! :smile:

Don't worry about the interview at all, it's pretty relaxed and they put you at ease :smile: the numeracy and literacy audits aren't that bad!

Good luck!

Hey well done! I also accepted my offer, however I still need to do the Literacy and Maths skills test.

How was the Maths skills test?
Reply 28
Original post by amalyusuf_
Hey well done! I also accepted my offer, however I still need to do the Literacy and Maths skills test.

How was the Maths skills test?

Well Done too!! The Maths test was actually easier than the skills tests online I found, but I think they really vary it up as everyone I spoke too had different ones to me. But they all found it okay so don't stress too much about it :smile: It's mostly just conversions, time, scatter graphs etc.

I brought G&A numerical to help and the tests on there were way harder, but that was good as when it came to the actual test I found it easier in comparison! I think it's only £18 for a month :smile:
Reply 29
Hi! I got an offer from brunel but i realised they've said they have a strict one month
Deadline from point of offer to pass the skills tests...does anyone know if this is true?! I havent even started preparing for these tests! And now i have less than a month to pass both :frown:
Original post by Nuz1125
Hi! I got an offer from brunel but i realised they've said they have a strict one month
Deadline from point of offer to pass the skills tests...does anyone know if this is true?! I havent even started preparing for these tests! And now i have less than a month to pass both :frown:

I'm not sure, because on my letter via email said I have up until 6th of August to complete everything.

Email them
Reply 31
Original post by Nuz1125

Hey :smile:

They mentioned to me on the interview day that it is best to book the tests and get them done ASAP but via email it says all students have to meet requirements of their offer by August.
If you are still worried about it, just give them a call or send an email to confirm.

Well done on getting an offer :smile:

x
Original post by AnsaOP
Hey :smile:

They mentioned to me on the interview day that it is best to book the tests and get them done ASAP but via email it says all students have to meet requirements of their offer by August.
If you are still worried about it, just give them a call or send an email to confirm.

Well done on getting an offer :smile:

x

Have you done your skills test?
x
Reply 33
Don't worry you definitely have until August to complete the test! Good luck! X
Reply 34
Hello everyone,
I have my interview on Friday 18th March at Brunel, I have read the experiences shared on this thread. However, can someone please share some more information as to what will happen on the day? What the literacy test consists of aswell as the numeracy test? What questions you were asked during the one to one interview? What did the group activity entail? And any further advice?

I am really worried and nervous about this interview. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Reply 35
Original post by AnsaOP
Well done! I still need to pass the skills test though -__-Not yet, I actually don't know how to, it's pretty confusing, going to try and figure it now hopefully.

Hi, I am having trouble accepting my offer for Brunel too. How did you accept it?
Reply 36
Hey. you need to log on to teacher training track with your ID which you can find in your emails from ucas as well as your username and password. You rhen click on choices and at the bottom of the table you will see a link to 'reply to choices'. Click on that and it will allow you to accept your choice under 'firm' and then just submit. If you cant access that you might need to call the ucas helpline. :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by Nuz1125
Hey. you need to log on to teacher training track with your ID which you can find in your emails from ucas as well as your username and password. You rhen click on choices and at the bottom of the table you will see a link to 'reply to choices'. Click on that and it will allow you to accept your choice under 'firm' and then just submit. If you cant access that you might need to call the ucas helpline. :smile:

I have tried that already, but thank you for your help :smile:. I guess I have to call them on Monday,
Reply 38
For everyone who is moving to London for the course, are you guys thinking of postgraduate halls on campus or finding a flatshare more central in London? Can't decide whether or not to be on campus or live somewhere like Ealing, as they said school placements will cover majority of North-West London!!
Original post by lgarstka
For everyone who is moving to London for the course, are you guys thinking of postgraduate halls on campus or finding a flatshare more central in London? Can't decide whether or not to be on campus or live somewhere like Ealing, as they said school placements will cover majority of North-West London!!

I think you slightly got confused they said 'west london' Ealing is a pretty nice area but wouldn't it be easier for you to live on campus + cheaper.

Because we will be starting everyday at 9am. from Ealing to Uxbridge might slightly be far as in you'd have to leave really early.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending