The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Usually it's based on the characters to which the actors play in and their personality performing them. It might be ticking boxes to them in what they look for in a partner.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
I think fangirlism highlights one or a few of the main differences between men and women's sexual psychology. If girls find status attractive, and if girls tend to find men attractive in part because other women find them attractive, then we would expect celebrities to be generally more attractive to women in the absence of competing factors in men.
I, and most of my friends have not had a crush on a celebrity since we were about 14, so maybe it's an emotional immaturity thing.
Reply 43
Original post by Viva Emptiness
I, and most of my friends have not had a crush on a celebrity since we were about 14, so maybe it's an emotional immaturity thing.

Not...not even David Mitchell? :frown:
Original post by Arkasia
Not...not even David Mitchell? :frown:

Oh I totally would, I'm just not that bothered.
tfw Victoria Coren isn't my waifu
Original post by + polarity -
tfw Victoria Coren isn't my waifu

seriously? She looks terrible. Obviously someone has an oedipus complex.
Original post by Cormac Easton
seriously? She looks terrible. Obviously someone has an oedipus complex.

:console:
Wentworth Miller is too hard to resist falling for
Original post by sherlockfan
oh dear :lol:

they know. we all do.

Meh :redface:
I think its because they secretly know they like have no hope of meeting them in real life so they can obsess all they want bout him!...its better than going out with an actual great guy because now who has the guts to do that, so much...? Nervousness would probably eat them up first it seems.............:biggrin:
It is due to hypergamy as pointed out previously.

Men pretty much are attracted by looks, women are attracted to looks, money and status. Now a guy can go to a bar and there will be women equally as good looking as say Jennifer Lawrence...Now a women can find a guy of equal looks of a famous person but they will never have the money and status of say a movie star or rock star...this is why women have celebrity crushes.
Reply 52
No idea, I don't get myself personally. Sure I've fancied celebrities before but I've never been obsessed with them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have found male celebs attractive since I was 4/5. My first ever celeb crush was on Shah Rukh Khan and I wanted to marry him until I was like 11. He was my longest celeb crush but it was never anything crazy. It was a puppy live/attraction. I had attraction to other celebs during that time too. I am probably a realist who knows I will probably never meet them let alone be with them so why have a crush on someone I can never be with? Besides I don’t really get attached to people unless I see them in person and spend time with them. Even then I don’t get attached easily.

So yeah I have never really had an actual “crush” in that sense. I get attracted to different men on and off screen everyday but I don’t have crushes.

Latest