My friend wants me to visit her in Australia next year. How long should I go for? Watch

trifleontoast
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Its a really long way and I would be travelling on my own. She said she will come and meet me at the airport. She is leaving in January she has a year visa and is going with a guy. She wants me to go visit her if possible, and I would like to go, although the flight time and jet lag puts me off. But I would like to go! I Just need some advice on how long people reckon I should go for, I dont like staying too long I dont want to stay too long either but i want to make it worthwhile and not offend or out stay my welcome. She is going and looking for work whereas I would be going for a holiday so I dont know what I would do.
askew116
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by trifleontoast)
Its a really long way and I would be travelling on my own. She said she will come and meet me at the airport. She is leaving in January she has a year visa and is going with a guy. She wants me to go visit her if possible, and I would like to go, although the flight time and jet lag puts me off. But I would like to go! I Just need some advice on how long people reckon I should go for, I dont like staying too long I dont want to stay too long either but i want to make it worthwhile and not offend or out stay my welcome. She is going and looking for work whereas I would be going for a holiday so I dont know what I would do.
Have you thought about combining visiting your friend with doing some travelling of your own in Australia? It's a wonderful country and I'm going there myself next year, and will be staying for around 2 months.

I'd say given the magnitude of a trip that far just to visit her, and that she's there for much longer, I'd personally suggest something like 2 weeks to be an appropriate length of time, if visiting your friend is all you're going for.
trifleontoast
Rep:
?
(Original post by askew116)
Have you thought about combining visiting your friend with doing some travelling of your own in Australia? It's a wonderful country and I'm going there myself next year, and will be staying for around 2 months.

I'd say given the magnitude of a trip that far just to visit her, and that she's there for much longer, I'd personally suggest something like 2 weeks to be an appropriate length of time, if visiting your friend is all you're going for.
Thank you for your reply. I have done yes but I am not bold, I would be scared travelling alone. I was thinking around 2 weeks, definitely not any more really. I was thinking a week would be way too short. But two might be too long, so around 10, 12 days.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I would think about 3 to 4 weeks for you to visit all the places there that you would like to, and also to recover from jet lag once you get there.
trifleontoast
Rep:
?
(Original post by barnetlad)
I would think about 3 to 4 weeks for you to visit all the places there that you would like to, and also to recover from jet lag once you get there.
See I went with two friends for 3 weeks to 3 states in america and that was enough for me. So a month would be too long for me.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (130)
42.21%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (94)
30.52%
I don't have an opinion (84)
27.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed