Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My friend wants me to visit her in Australia next year. How long should I go for? watch

ReputationRep:
    Its a really long way and I would be travelling on my own. She said she will come and meet me at the airport. She is leaving in January she has a year visa and is going with a guy. She wants me to go visit her if possible, and I would like to go, although the flight time and jet lag puts me off. But I would like to go! I Just need some advice on how long people reckon I should go for, I dont like staying too long I dont want to stay too long either but i want to make it worthwhile and not offend or out stay my welcome. She is going and looking for work whereas I would be going for a holiday so I dont know what I would do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trifleontoast)
    Its a really long way and I would be travelling on my own. She said she will come and meet me at the airport. She is leaving in January she has a year visa and is going with a guy. She wants me to go visit her if possible, and I would like to go, although the flight time and jet lag puts me off. But I would like to go! I Just need some advice on how long people reckon I should go for, I dont like staying too long I dont want to stay too long either but i want to make it worthwhile and not offend or out stay my welcome. She is going and looking for work whereas I would be going for a holiday so I dont know what I would do.
    Have you thought about combining visiting your friend with doing some travelling of your own in Australia? It's a wonderful country and I'm going there myself next year, and will be staying for around 2 months.

I'd say given the magnitude of a trip that far just to visit her, and that she's there for much longer, I'd personally suggest something like 2 weeks to be an appropriate length of time, if visiting your friend is all you're going for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by askew116)
    Have you thought about combining visiting your friend with doing some travelling of your own in Australia? It's a wonderful country and I'm going there myself next year, and will be staying for around 2 months.

I'd say given the magnitude of a trip that far just to visit her, and that she's there for much longer, I'd personally suggest something like 2 weeks to be an appropriate length of time, if visiting your friend is all you're going for.
    Thank you for your reply. I have done yes but I am not bold, I would be scared travelling alone. I was thinking around 2 weeks, definitely not any more really. I was thinking a week would be way too short. But two might be too long, so around 10, 12 days.

ReputationRep:
    I would think about 3 to 4 weeks for you to visit all the places there that you would like to, and also to recover from jet lag once you get there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    I would think about 3 to 4 weeks for you to visit all the places there that you would like to, and also to recover from jet lag once you get there.
    See I went with two friends for 3 weeks to 3 states in america and that was enough for me. So a month would be too long for me.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.