CuriousStudent_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So I want to apply to Uni for next year and do film production, however, the hardest decision is actually making the right choice because there is SO much to consider Image

My first 3 choices are:
Ravensbourne - BA Digital Film Production
UAL - LCC - BA Film Practice or BA Film & Television
UCA - BA Film Production

If you go to any of these courses or unis, planning on going could you tell me why you chose it?

I've heard negative things about both Ravensbourne and UAL which is putting me off and they were my top choices. Some comments consist of lack of facilities and equipment, the lectures are not relevant or current and sometimes lack of support to students and a waste of money!

If you guys could help out Image
Tyler Bam
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses.

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. Hope this helps!
fairytails
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by CuriousStudent_)
So I want to apply to Uni for next year and do film production, however, the hardest decision is actually making the right choice because there is SO much to consider Image

My first 3 choices are:
Ravensbourne - BA Digital Film Production
UAL - LCC - BA Film Practice or BA Film & Television
UCA - BA Film Production

If you go to any of these courses or unis, planning on going could you tell me why you chose it?

I've heard negative things about both Ravensbourne and UAL which is putting me off and they were my top choices. Some comments consist of lack of facilities and equipment, the lectures are not relevant or current and sometimes lack of support to students and a waste of money!

If you guys could help out Image
Is it specifically film production you want to do? Middlesex, De Montfort, or University of Westminster would be good uni's to look at.
CuriousStudent_
Rep:
?
I want practical film production so 100% coursework assessed etc.

Which I don't think any of those fall under :/
fairytails
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Take a look at Arts University Bournemouth, Central Film school and Kingston University they have a filmmaking course.
CuriousStudent_
Rep:
?
Thanks !!
2 of those are in my options
cressidawilliams
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
hey i just got an offer from UCA, it's a really nice uni seems like quite a close community with lots of creative drive
CuriousStudent_
Rep:
?
(Original post by cressidawilliams)
hey i just got an offer from UCA, it's a really nice uni seems like quite a close community with lots of creative drive
That's great to hear and I'm definitely considering it!
Going to send off a portfolio this week and hopefully hear back soon from them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
12.5%
I need help researching courses (12)
7.14%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
5.36%
I need help with my personal statement (71)
42.26%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (39)
23.21%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.79%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (13)
7.74%

Watched Threads