Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

Say if a university I applied to out of my 6 initial choices rejected me and had spaces in clearing, can I still apply to that same university through clearing?

ReputationRep:
    yep nothing to stop you doing so i dont think. But dont be thinking about clearing, think about gettin 6 offers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    yep nothing to stop you doing so i dont think. But dont be thinking about clearing, think about gettin 6 offers!
    how often does it happen that people don't get their offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shewantstobeme)
    as if get 6 rejections, its rare but it happens. two guys at my school 2yrs above me got 6rejections they both came out with their pred of AAAB as well both reapplied las yr and are now happy at un doin Medicine and something else lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    as if get 6 rejections, its rare but it happens. two guys at my school 2yrs above me got 6rejections they both came out with their pred of AAAB as well both reapplied las yr and are now happy at un doin Medicine and something else lol.
    do you think they just over estimated their abilities, or was it the unis they applied to?
    i got BBB + A gen studs, and am predicted AAA...

im applying to 2 AAB, 2 ABB, 1 ABB which accepts gen studs, and 1 BBB

do you think maybe i should apply to another BBB... but then again i dont really want to go to a BBB uni! and i'm sure at least one of my five which i really want must accept me?

ReputationRep:
    do you think they just over estimated their abilities, or was it the unis they applied to?
    i got BBB + A gen studs, and am predicted AAA...

im applying to 2 AAB, 2 ABB, 1 ABB which accepts gen studs, and 1 BBB

do you think maybe i should apply to another BBB... but then again i dont really want to go to a BBB uni! and i'm sure at least one of my five which i really want must accept me?
    they may accept you, but A2 is harder are you sure you can pull off those higher grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    they may accept you, but A2 is harder are you sure you can pull off those higher grades.
    yeah my maths and geog B's were high, so im retaking a geog paper to push up my UMS, and in psych i have to redo the cw cos my whole centre had a problem and they all came back low with the exam board saying they didnt see a problem :mad:

leicester asks ABB and accepts gen studs, of which I got an A at AS, so i already have the grades for two of my places i'm applying for.
    just have to see how the other 4 go?

i know I'm capable of getting As... and i want to study on a course with people of a high ability.

if i have the grades already for the courses at 2 of them... will they generally accept me with my predicted grades, personal statement, work exp etc?

ReputationRep:
    yeah my maths and geog B's were high, so im retaking a geog paper to push up my UMS, and in psych i have to redo the cw cos my whole centre had a problem and they all came back low with the exam board saying they didnt see a problem :mad:

leicester asks ABB and accepts gen studs, of which I got an A at AS, so i already have the grades for two of my places i'm applying for.
    just have to see how the other 4 go?

i know I'm capable of getting As... and i want to study on a course with people of a high ability.

if i have the grades already for the courses at 2 of them... will they generally accept me with my predicted grades, personal statement, work exp etc?
    I have no idea lol. Most people applyto uni where they meet preds for at elast 5 or their 6, yet people rarely get 5 or 6 offers, so we shall all see, ask me again february lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bilal_786)
    Hi everyone

Say if a university I applied to out of my 6 initial choices rejected me and had spaces in clearing, can I still apply to that same university through clearing?
    lol so you're very optimistic then

but seriously yes you can reapply to the same places through clearing but if you haven't got six offers why not apply to a different through extra first and see what happens instead of waiting for clearing?

ReputationRep:
    What if I get offers from unis I don't like. Will I have to decline them to go through extra or clearing or can I accept them and reject them later if I find a better option at Extra or Clearing.

ReputationRep:
    you can only apply through extra if you recieve no offers from your six choices and you can only apply for one extra choice through extra. Then it is up to you whether or not you decline it. If you do I think you can then enter clearing and in clearing you can approach several universities about applying and then you chose the one you want, provided of course they offer you a place.

Just out of interest why would you apply to unis you didnt like anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emsy88)
    you can only apply through extra if you recieve no offers from your six choices and you can only apply for one extra choice through extra. Then it is up to you whether or not you decline it. If you do I think you can then enter clearing and in clearing you can approach several universities about applying and then you chose the one you want, provided of course they offer you a place.

Just out of interest why would you apply to unis you didnt like anyway?
    I know Extra is making one choice and one only, but if you are rejected or decline it then you can make another choice and so on, for an unlimited number of times, but only one choice at a time. While clearing doesn't have a limit.

I mean if I get rejected from my first choices and I choose not to go to the other choices, but I don't want to loose an offer and I still want to try my chances at Clearing or Extra.

ReputationRep:
    I was rejected from all six of my universities last year despite having the predicted grades, GCSE results, a good reference + lots of extra curricular stuff as well. My head teacher and the local education authority even offered to appeal on my behalf to the last university to reject me, Leeds, but it seemed to much like begging for a place so I refused! Anyway, all I'm saying is that occasionally people don't receive any offers for no apparent reason... But the chances of this happening to you are slim and I'd advise you to aim high with your uni choices. Only apply to the places where you really, really could be happy studying.

I managed to get a course at my favourite university, Manchester, soon after. And I love it

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.