Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im starting to gain weight and its repulsing me. I have had bulimia in the past and been free from bulimia for a long time now about 6 months with a few wobbles and im just a mess i dont want to relapse. Im already haunted by my past of throwing up into plastic bags, I saw my doctor for depression yesterday but didnt want medication so Im seeking cbt and couselling. The medivcation wouldnt work if I was throwing up anyway

Counselling might help to address issues for you and CBT is good for allowing you to see the positive in the negative if that makes sense. AntiDs don't tend to help me for it attributed to my weight gain even more and it's not healthy to rely on them. Take herbal anti anxiety tablets if need be like Kalms. Maybe keep a detailed food dairy whether it's handwritten or an app on your phone like My Fitness Pal. Maybe once your more aware of what you're eating could help you to lose weight if that's what you want. Further more enjoy life, get out there (social and active) and take each day as it comes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 5, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.