Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

possible to have a relationship without sex? watch

Is it possible to have a loving relationship without sex or very little? I'm 25 and male and theoretically should be at the peak of my Sexual life but I'm just not interested in women Sexually.

I find it a chore having sex and personally prefer masturbation.

Now obviously many people find this odd which yeah I agree it is but I can't help it. I like women for psychological and emotional factors not for sex. I'm not gay either. Find men unattractive.

Some have said I'm asexual but I disagree because I love to satisfy myself everyday. Just don't care about pleasing a woman or them pleasing me. Why is this?

Anyone else suffer this?

ReputationRep:
    I would say it is possible, but you would need to find someone who you are attracted To who feels the same, I'm with this girl and I don't want to disappoint her sexually but if you find someone who feels the same way you should be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I personally think it's near impossible, unless you happen to meet someone who shares the same views as you. So I guess you're asexual?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Is it possible to have a loving relationship without sex or very little? I'm 25 and male and theoretically should be at the peak of my Sexual life but I'm just not interested in women Sexually.

Now obviously many people find this odd which yeah I agree it is but I can't help it. I like women for psychological and emotional factors not for sex. I'm not gay either. Find men unattractive.

Some have said I'm asexual but I disagree because I love to satisfy myself everyday. Just don't care about pleasing a woman or them pleasing me. Why is this?

Anyone else suffer this?
    you can still be asexual and enjoy sex, enjoy masturbation, all that type of thing! asexuality purely is the lack of sexual attraction. since you said you aren't interested in women sexually, it's possible that you are asexual. i'd recommend looking it up - there's some good tumblrs around - and seeing if it is something that fits you. and in answer to your question, yes, it is totally possible to have a relationship without sex!

ReputationRep:

Anyone else suffer this?
    It's really weird but what you've just described basically sounds just like y boyfriend. I didn't think it was normal but I guess it is common among people, I just didn't think. Yea I do think you can be in a relationship without having sex, depending on the girl though to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people probably feel the same way it's usually known as "asexual"

Personally I couldn't do that, a large part of the relationship, for me is about sexual attraction and lust.

ReputationRep:

Anyone else suffer this?
    Have you always lacked interest or has it developed more recently?

There are lots of different types of asexuality:

• aromantic; lack of romantic attraction towards anyone
    • biromantic; romantic attraction to both genders
    • heteroromantic; romantic attraction to opposite gender
    • homoromantic; romantic attraction to same gender
    • panromantic; romantic attraction to people regardless of gender

Being an asexual doesn't necessarily mean you don't masturbate, many asexuals do, asexuality just means you'd rather keep the pleasuring to yourself.

But you're not alone and you're not suffering. It might be harder to have a relationship with someone if you don't want to have sex, but if you find someone who understands and respects your asexuality (or is asexual themselves) you could have a perfectly normal and happy relationship without it.

Yes I guess it possible, but to be honest I just think you haven't found the right person to satasify your needs as yet, so u find pleasure ur self.
    To go on from there, has anyone tried to please you and did a epic failed? that could of put you off? Maybe ur still put of it still to this day....

You could get in to a relationship with intentions not to have sex but it could just happen, maybe ur over thinking what sex it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 4, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.