How does this sound? (Am I safe?) Watch

Aimai
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Okay so I've finally got my university choices. I keep changing the last few but I think I'm there and ready to go. I'm kind of anxious about offers though. I need:

Newcastle AAB (A in Eng Lit)
Nottingham AAB (A in Eng lit OR Lang)
Leicester ABB- BBB (B in Eng Lit OR lang)
Loughborough ABB (B in Eng)
Lancaster ABB (A or B in Eng)

I'm fairly confident I can get an A in English Language. I'm hoping for one in Lit...

I've just got rid of my insurance Portsmouth which was BBB- BCD.

In my AS levels I got:

History: A
Psychology: A
English Language: B (100% in one, A for cwk and an E in another which I'm retaking)
English Literature: C (which I've declined to retake in January).

Any thoughts? I know there are a lot of these posts so sorry to inflict another on the boards. Thanks in advance :-)
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Aimai)
Okay so I've finally got my university choices. I keep changing the last few but I think I'm there and ready to go. I'm kind of anxious about offers though. I need:

Newcastle AAB (A in Eng Lit)
Nottingham AAB (A in Eng lit OR Lang)
Leicester ABB- BBB (B in Eng Lit OR lang)
Loughborough ABB (B in Eng)
Lancaster ABB (A or B in Eng)

I'm fairly confident I can get an A in English Language. I'm hoping for one in Lit...

I've just got rid of my insurance Portsmouth which was BBB- BCD.

In my AS levels I got:

History: A
Psychology: A
English Language: B (100% in one, A for cwk and an E in another which I'm retaking)
English Literature: C (which I've declined to retake in January).

Any thoughts? I know there are a lot of these posts so sorry to inflict another on the boards. Thanks in advance :-)
i'm guessing by ure AS's ure therefore predicted AAAB?
did you cash-in your grades, will they all be shown as pending, or are you declaring your AS results with EngLit as the only one as pending

based on that assumption

Newc- seems a challenge and if you are doin what i've put above it may rasie some suspicion(sp sorry) but go for it anyway)

Nott - seems fine as it meets ure predictions

the others i tink are fine, Leicester i assume being your insurance. I know ho hard it is espec for English to find a lower offer course without sacrificing the quality of the course or the perceived quality of the uni when it comes to a degree such as English.

I think youv'e made good choices. you could perhaps have an AAA as ure 6th choice i think.
Turdburger
Badges: 14
Report 12 years ago
Yes, I would pick a AAA course too. I think that you are capable of a higher tier uni
Pippak
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If the offer is for Lit OR Lang does that mean that you've applied for a Lit/Lang course? In that case, the offers are often lower than you would expect to achieve, but that doesn't compromise the course.
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The only unis you might have a problem with are Newcastle and Nottingham because they ask for an A in English, but it's definitely worth a try and you should be fine with the others.
Aimai
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Thanks everyone for your help and reassurance! :-) I think AAA is a bit high. Not because I don't think I could achieve it (I am HOPING to) but my AS grades put me at a disadvantage for such a competitive course. Also Newcastle is my ultimate favourite so keeping my fingers crossed for that! I'm saving one option so I can submit a late application in march after my retake should I need to.

:-) Thanks again xxx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (879)
79.84%
Leave (222)
20.16%

Watched Threads