Reply 940
What was the first question?

ln(1+root2) and ln(0.5+root5/2)?
Original post by Elcor

Yh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know for sure whether or not you need FP3 for the A* in further maths? I've heard different people say different things and there is no information on the edexcel website about it. I'm pretty sure I've ****ed up FP3 so I'm praying that it isn't necessary for the A*
Original post by Skitee
No level 3 module is required, only the best 3 modules.

I reckon it was a lot harder than last year! Grade boundaries will probably be even lower...

Yeh me too! Although I think they'll be about the same as edexcel are stingy pricks :wink: I made a stupid error with the distance from plane to origin (x 3 root 10 instead of dividing!!) and I couldn't do the second reduction formula or the last six marker!!! :'(
Original post by callumbarltrop
Does anyone know for sure whether or not you need FP3 for the A* in further maths? I've heard different people say different things and there is no information on the edexcel website about it. I'm pretty sure I've ****ed up FP3 so I'm praying that it isn't necessary for the A*

Provided you have 90+ average across 3 A2 units that will be accounted for in your FM grade, you'll have an A*. FP3 doesn't necessarily have to be that paper
Original post by imusti96
I got -3

Pretty sure that was positive 3?

You don't need it, but you must have one of FP2/FP3 as your FM A-Level. Doesn't have to be one of the best 3 A2s though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was not sure if I was close to the last part.
The line must go through orgin and 2cost, sint.
Then I wrote down te equation for the line with grident m which is m(x-2cost)=y-sint

Put x,y 0
Get m interms of tant
Then as the line passed through origin and 2cost sint
Get the, we can get the grident for the line(eliminate cot t)
Then I was so stupid that I put 2cost, sint as one point of the line.
I can't eliminate cost Sint ....for like 10 minutes!!!!!
Just put 0,0 then I will get the answer.....
Which is like y=1/4m....
Then I forgot to do the Q3 part b

The answer for reduction formula, I got it wrong. Maybe wrong buttons on the calculator...

What a disaster! Can't get A even...

From the specification:
To be awarded an A* students will need to achieve an A on the full GCE Advanced level qualification and an A* aggregate of the A2 units

Some people are saying it's 90% average over any 3 A2 modules, but the specification is phrased like it's every A2 module you take
Original post by Slowbro93
Provided you have 90+ average across 3 A2 units that will be accounted for in your FM grade, you'll have an A*. FP3 doesn't necessarily have to be that paper

Oh brilliant, so I just need to average out an A overall with all six units including FP3 and get 90 + on 3 A2 units then I'll have an A*?
Reply 950
Would love to see the paper and proper model answers! Arsey did FP3 last year didn't he?
Original post by Elcor

Yes
Oh brilliant, so I just need to average out an A overall with all six units including FP3 and get 90 + on 3 A2 units then I'll have an A*?

Yep! This guide should be helpful: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=815293
Original post by trooken
From the specification:
To be awarded an A* students will need to achieve an A on the full GCE Advanced level qualification and an A* aggregate of the A2 units

Some people are saying it's 90% average over any 3 A2 modules, but the specification is phrased like it's every A2 module you take

Yeah but some people only have 3 A2 units in their further maths GCE so it must only be the top 3?
Original post by Elcor
Would love to see the paper and proper model answers! Arsey did FP3 last year didn't he?

I don't think so, but someone else did make solutions at some point. At least, I saw a list somewhere (can't seem to find it atm) that listed the model answers and who did them and for the fp3 they listed someone else's solutions...
Original post by Slowbro93

ok, thanks for your help!

To get an A* in Further Maths you need 90% average UMS in your three best A2 units in Further Maths. It therefore depends on which units you take whether it counts towards your A* or not; you don't actually have to do FP3 at all to do Further Maths, you could do, e.g., S2 M2 and FP2.
Is there any unofficial mark scheme yet?
Original post by anorris13
Is there any unofficial mark scheme yet?

No teacher does one for FP3
And no one has the paper
Original post by trooken
No teacher does one for FP3
And no one has the paper

Is anybody in contact with someone who might have the paper?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending