LamantChenille
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey guys!

I'm making this thread open to anyone who has questions about the AQA English Lit because between us we can probably answer each other's questions. But I'm also starting it to ask a specific question; do people know how to approach the questions that ask "How does the poet tell the story in this part of the poem?" I don't think they're worth tons of marks, but I'm not sure exactly how many.:confused:

For me, this question is about the Ancient Mariner by Coleridge, but I know that other people have different set texts.

Basically, anything you can give me is helpful!

Thanks!
taeyangie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's 21 marks for this part of the question. You go about answering in terms of aspects such as narrative perspective/voice, structure and setting, if you can't find enough to talk about, you can also discuss form or genre. We were told to refer to the effect on the reader each device has.

I have an exemplar answer to how the story is told in the Great Gatsby if you'd like, but I don't seem to have any on poetry saved.

(Did this course last year)
LamantChenille
Rep:
?
(Original post by taeyangie)
It's 21 marks for this part of the question. You go about answering in terms of aspects such as narrative perspective/voice, structure and setting, if you can't find enough to talk about, you can also discuss form or genre. We were told to refer to the effect on the reader each device has.

I have an exemplar answer to how the story is told in the Great Gatsby if you'd like, but I don't seem to have any on poetry saved.

(Did this course last year)

Okay, thanks so much!

If you don't mind, the exemplar would be really useful just to get an idea of essay structure etc..

Also, I'm doing Gatsby next term, so it's still relevant for me!
edgarcats
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I found it useful to read the examiner reports from the AQA website as they really tell you what they are looking for. What other texts are you doing? I did this exam last year with Enduring Love, The Kite Runner, Auden and Browning. I have some exemplars saved if you want me to upload them?
HayDog1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey guys, I can see this being very useful. I am re-taking AS where we did Tess of D'Urbervilles, Tennyson Poems, Hard Times, Judas Kiss and Pygmailion. For A2 we are doing Taming of the Shrew, Enduring Love, Handmaid's Tale, The Rape of The Lock and Streetcar Named Desire.

If any of these books have any revelvance to your course, feel free to comment back.
katinthehat
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by HayDog1)
Hey guys, I can see this being very useful. I am re-taking AS where we did Tess of D'Urbervilles, Tennyson Poems, Hard Times, Judas Kiss and Pygmailion. For A2 we are doing Taming of the Shrew, Enduring Love, Handmaid's Tale, The Rape of The Lock and Streetcar Named Desire.

If any of these books have any revelvance to your course, feel free to comment back.
Hi,

I'm an AS Lit student and I'm studying Streetcar for my coursework close analysis - I am so far over the word count. I'm doing the scene when Stanley attacks Stella? How did you find/are you finding Lit coursework?
HayDog1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
hey there,

yh I saw the live play performances. Comment mainly on how Williams uses stage directions to portray an atmospheric tone especially when Stanley attack Stella. i havent started my coursework yet, but i am predicted to get a C. (Apolgising if you note any poor spelling and punctuation errors i typed this in a rush)
(Original post by katinthehat)
Hi,

I'm an AS Lit student and I'm studying Streetcar for my coursework close analysis - I am so far over the word count. I'm doing the scene when Stanley attacks Stella? How did you find/are you finding Lit coursework?
LamantChenille
Rep:
?
I'm doing Gatsby, Kite Runner, Ancient Mariner and Tennyson Poetry for my texts. I did Noises Off and Much Ado About Nothing for my coursework!

Posted from TSR Mobile
crashMATHS
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by LamantChenille)
I'm doing Gatsby, Kite Runner, Ancient Mariner and Tennyson Poetry for my texts. I did Noises Off and Much Ado About Nothing for my coursework!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing Gatsby and The Kite Runner too - two great books! I'm also doing Browning's and Rossesti's/Auden's poetry.

For the coursework, I did one essay on The Taming of the Shrew and got full marks. Our second essay is on One Man, Two Guvnors, which we're currently drafting. Are you still doing your coursework - it feels like my school have ran through the texts!

Posted from TSR Mobile
LamantChenille
Rep:
?
(Original post by kingaaran)
I'm doing Gatsby and The Kite Runner too - two great books! I'm also doing Browning's and Rossesti's/Auden's poetry.

For the coursework, I did one essay on The Taming of the Shrew and got full marks. Our second essay is on One Man, Two Guvnors, which we're currently drafting. Are you still doing your coursework - it feels like my school have ran through the texts!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I love Kite Runner! I'm not so keen on Gatsby, but I don't dislike it.

We finished officially doing the teaching for the coursework in October, it did feel quite fast! I've finished one essay and I'm drafting my second over Christmas! Our school don't tell us how we've done, but I think it must be okay, or she wouldn't have let me hand it in...

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (563)
34.14%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (679)
41.18%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (332)
20.13%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.55%

Watched Threads