Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    That's the thing, because of people like her, people who have genuinely been raped may not get believed or justice for their individual case!

ReputationRep:
    Send her to a "community centre" for men with rape urges for 10,000 hours "community service"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkerbellejess)
    That's the thing, because of people like her, people who have genuinely been raped may not get believed or justice for their individual case!
    edit: a bit harsh... rape claims already lead to mass horror for the guy, despite the fact he may not be guilty. They need to toughen up on evidence or protection or whatever anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steezy20)
    This bizatch has been caught. How many thousands of others get away with it? Answer = a lot. A hell of a lot of women decide they can benefit from having sex that they consider, in hindsight, to have not been what they wanted to do. Rape has become a complete farce now. Actual rape is sickening, but its got to a case of "the boy (or slut in this case) who cried wolf" for me. Because of all the selfish cows like this one, I am severely critical of anyone claiming to be raped. It shouldn't be like that. How can anyone bring themself to lie about such a serious crime?

Incarcerate her? Fudge that, bloody shoot the evil b!tch
    The thing is though, you cant assume that every woman who reports rape is making it up, its a little unfair to think that just because of this case. Unfortunately many women have to go through this every year and when they are genuine, they are criticised because of women like the one in this case. Thats why so many women who report rape arent believed, because of sickening acts like this one.

I think the figures of false rape stand at 2%, which is about the same for other crimes.

ReputationRep:
    I heard it was about 30%.....or 50% with unproven cases. I'll google

ReputationRep:
    Well you can google, you might be right, but Im taking mine from a Home Office report which was done in 2005. I work for a rape crisis centre so we get this info sent to us on a regular basis.

ReputationRep:
    Just eeeeeewwww

ReputationRep:
    yea, which is why you think it's 2%. The 2% thing is just a myth

http://archives.cjr.org/year/97/6/rape.asp

http://creativedestruction.wordpress...erated-by-dna/

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/st...ectid=10339669

etc etc ... google is fs

ReputationRep:
    How the hell can anyone say for definate that false rape is 2% of rape cases. The Home Office isan ever so slightly biased source don't you think? Plus, most false rape cannot be proved to be false.

I wasn't assuming all women were lying about rape just because of this case. Rapists are animals and should be shot. It just gets very hard to believe if evil cows like these make up stories about men they think they "shouldn't have shagged that night."

ReputationRep:
    This is the Home Office Report if anyone wants to read:

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs05/hors293.pdf
    Theres some stats in there about false allegations. These are UK figures by the way.

I dont know if the figures are biased or not, Im just referencing the report. I guess we will never know the true figure, which is the same for most crime.

The thing is though we know that this does happen, but I can honestly say that all of the women who come to where I work for counselling following abuse/rape/sexual assault are being honest, they have no reason not to be.

ReputationRep:
    th woman is a stupid idiot... now shes gonna make rape cases even harder to come by... =/ as someone said "the boy who cried wolf".. what a stupid biatch!

although, they are of minority.. i know 99.9% of women here in TSR are decent

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.