The Student Room Group

Scared to ask my teacher to write me a reference letter

Is it okay to ask a teacher to write a reference for me during the Christmas holidays? Do you think he/she would be bothered?
Original post by ioclops
Is it okay to ask a teacher to write a reference for me during the Christmas holidays? Do you think he/she would be bothered?

Ask them before the Christmas holidays. I don't think your teacher will be overly happy about the prospect of spending their Christmas on your reference.
Reply 2
Please do not delay this! Go for it! Ask him or her.
Promise me you do it tomorrow? Get it done! don't you dare disappoint me!
Now go...shoo! carry on my son :')
May the Gods be with you!
I'll check upon you tomorrow.
:rave:
Reply 3
Original post by Seh...E
Please do not delay this! Go for it! Ask him or her.
Promise me you do it tomorrow? Get it done! don't you dare disappoint me!
Now go...shoo! carry on my son :')
May the Gods be with you!
I'll check upon you tomorrow.
:rave:

bless you, that was adorable
Original post by ioclops

How early do your Christmas holidays start? I'd ask right away if I were you. I emailed my (former) teacher about possibly writing a reference on the third day of autumn break and she didn't reply to me until the holidays were over, but I guess every teacher is different - and the fact she has a separate email for school stuff meant she didn't see it. I think if you're polite it can't hurt to ask... just don't assume they'd do it, some teachers are really fussy when it comes to holidays.
Reply 5
Hey, just checking upon you...
How id it go?

Quick Reply

Latest