Turn on thread page Beta

How would you cut the deficit if you had supreme influence. watch

ReputationRep:
    How would you cut the deficit if you had supreme influence over the chancellor and prime minister?

There needs to be 45 Billion pounds of welfare cuts between 2015 and 2020. The chief whip of the nasty party demands this. Your job as Dr Evil is to make a budget which puts the plebs into absoulte poverty while not damaging the core voters of the nasty party.

Have a go. This was my try:

(Note: Don't take this seriously, its just a cheap stab of humour against the Tories).

The unemployed & disabled.

All unemployment benefits would be abolished.

The unemployed & the disabled would be made to live in modern day work camps. The camps would be tents and a couple of buildings for communal use.

Everyone would be signed up to mandatory workfare and would be forced to wear a electronic tag so they could be caught if they attempted to flee from a hard days labor. Private companies would be able to bid for individual workers and all wages would go directly to the state.

The maximum working day would be 8 hours. During Fridays & Saturdays there would be a extra 2 hours where the unemployed would be forced to march around the cities & towns to sing hymns to tax payers.

During weekends people would be forced to do chores for tax payers which range from tidying up houses, doing home improvement work and cleaning cars.

Failure to take part in all activities of the work house would result in public beatings which would be broadcasted live on television.

Class war & bullying would be encouraged.

And I would raise VAT.

The only way which a person could get out of the work camp is to become educated and productive by making use of the onsite facilities. If they are offered a job which wages can look after all their immediate family and themselves they will be granted freedom and earn citizen status. If this is not the case then they will remain slaves for life.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried "Raise VAT and kill all the poor"?

ReputationRep:
    A good start would be to make sure Amazon and Google, among others, pay their taxes, just like every other hard working man and woman does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harvey Dent)
    Might work but the agony of not knowing will drive us all mad

ReputationRep:
    I'd increase students fees to £15,000 a year, abolish ex-polys and make a University degree something to be proud of again, not every person and their dog having one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illegaltobepoor)
    How would you cut the deficit if you had supreme influence over the chancellor and prime minister?

During weekends people would be forced to do choirs for tax payers which range from tidying up houses, doing home improvement work and cleaning cars.

The only way which a person could get out of the work camp is to become educated and productive by making use of the onsite facilities. If they are offered a job which wages can look after all their immediate family and themselves they will be granted freedom and earn citizen status. If this is not the case then they will remain slaves for life.
    You have a real bee in your bonnet re singing, marching round singing hymns and then doing "choirs" for people.

I am afraid your misuse of the word, instead of chores, sees you cast back into the camp until your education is complete.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harvey Dent)
    Mitchell and Webb look reference?

ReputationRep:
    Increase taxation and cut spending obviously.

I would cut spending on foreign aid and quango's, they would be gone. That would same something like 20 billion a year. As well as cutting regulation and putting productive people back into the private sector.

I would have a simpler tax system where everybody pays tax from one pound on at 10%.

http://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/ye...c1n_30#ukgs302

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by william walker)
    Increase taxation and cut spending obviously.

I would cut spending on foreign aid and quango's, they would be gone.
    wow if that were to happen that'd be ace.

I'd make myself £30k if you did that

Ace

ReputationRep:
    Make the tax system much more rigorous so MNCs would pay their taxes. Job done. While you're at it, the person who mentioned a flat tax rate sounds about right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJKL)
    You have a real bee in your bonnet re singing, marching round singing hymns and then doing "choirs" for people.

I am afraid your misuse of the word, instead of chores, sees you cast back into the camp until your education is complete.
    I have dsylexia so i would be a slave for life if Dr Evil got his way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    wow if that were to happen that'd be ace.

I'd make myself £30k if you did that

Ace
    Why would you make £30k?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leemer)
    Mitchell and Webb look reference?
    Aye, I was waiting for somebody to get it! Give yourself a pat on the back

ReputationRep:
    Why would you make £30k?
    Contractual redundancy pay innit.

ReputationRep:
    x
    i would introduce a law called econocide. i would arrest all the bankers who are responsible for management of the banks either for direct participation, conspiracy or negligence.

the state would then seize the personal assets of those arrested and use that wealth to save the economy.

in some cases where those arrested try to close down the bank so that the bank takes the hit and not their personal finances then the bank as an asset would be seized from them.

however before this was done what i would do is introduce a new law where bankers get the best tax breaks in the world so long as they are presently and personally residing in this country.

this would bring pretty much most of them to us. then we wouldnt have to like go into another country to arrest them. then they would be arrested for conspiracy. and then the econocide law would be fast tracked through and they would be re-arrested for the new law.

the general vibe is basically treating this body of banks as the catholic church and henry the 8thing them.

so there would be the state ran bank and then any of the banks that were entirely seized would be subsidiaries to the national bank.

ReputationRep:
    x
    have you read "A Modest Proposal" by Jonathan Swift?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    Contractual redundancy pay innit.
    Very well.

ReputationRep:
    Very well.
    The longer you leave it, the higher it gets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    The longer you leave it, the higher it gets
    No because the Quango's are private companies employed by the government. So the government wouldn't be on the line for your pay. It would be the Quango itself.

ReputationRep:
    No because the Quango's are private companies employed by the government. So the government wouldn't be on the line for your pay. It would be the Quango itself.
    Who said I worked for a Quango...?

Edit
    Also Quangos are non-Ministerial Public Bodies. HMRC is a Quango - is HMRC a private company?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.