Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What should i do? Trust issues watch

Announcements

I am a total loss and feel really low.

I can't trust my boyfriend of three years. He has cheated on me in the past, and still lies to this day, albeit petty ones (who he's with etc) I don't want to lose him, but i feel sick to my stomach everytime he goes out. It doesnt help that i now live 4 hours away, and am desperately trying to save money to move closer to him and to start my career in London.

I really need advice on how to move forward with him. He is the only thing that keeps me going, as I am unemployed after graduating from uni and all my friends live far away. I feel so alone with this.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am a total loss and feel really low.

I can't trust my boyfriend of three years. He has cheated on me in the past, and still lies to this day, albeit petty ones (who he's with etc) I don't want to lose him, but i feel sick to my stomach everytime he goes out. It doesnt help that i now live 4 hours away, and am desperately trying to save money to move closer to him and to start my career in London.

I really need advice on how to move forward with him. He is the only thing that keeps me going, as I am unemployed after graduating from uni and all my friends live far away. I feel so alone with this.
    Well this doesn't sound like a healthy relationship at all, the fact he's cheated and the fact he does tell lies is not helping the trust. I mean once you have cheated the trust is destroyed and sometimes it can never be restored. I personally think you can do a lot better than him, if someone had cheated on me they would be gone straight away and not allowed another chance.

Talk to him, explaining how you feel and failing that write it all down. Idk how old you are but sometimes a little distance can help you work things out and what you want and need in your life.

But without trust and honesty in a relationship it's a sinking ship I'm afraid from experience it is surely a given you've tried to move on as you've been together a long time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 5, 2014
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.