Drifting from best friend? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone had gone through the same thing at any point. I use to be really really close with my best friend but lately we've barely spoken and we seem to be getting irritable with each other when we do talk.

It's not so much that I don't like her anymore, I'm just not really seeing eye to eye on a few things.

Is it normal for this to happen? Should I keep fighting it and try and sort things or do I need to just take a step back and let it go? She's an amazing friend but something is just going wrong.
neal95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
get used to it tbh mate its gonna happen a lot now your growing up and going your separate ways to uni etc. in a few months time you will probably speak a couple of times a month if that. i know lots of people who were best friends at college and school and some have even gone to the same university as eachother and dont even hang out/talk much because they are living in different flats and have made new friends. thats just the way things are unfortunately, friends come and go. however, your uni friends will most likely be your friends for life
Quiet _One86
Badges: 16
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone had gone through the same thing at any point. I use to be really really close with my best friend but lately we've barely spoken and we seem to be getting irritable with each other when we do talk.

It's not so much that I don't like her anymore, I'm just not really seeing eye to eye on a few things.

Is it normal for this to happen? Should I keep fighting it and try and sort things or do I need to just take a step back and let it go? She's an amazing friend but something is just going wrong.
Write it all down how you're feeling and where you think it went wrong and maybe talk it through with her. Maybe something changed with her and it's left you second guessing the friendship. So by communicating how you're feeling you might get insight from her. Failing that say that you don't think you're on the same page anymore and ask for some time out some space. That way you can get some time to gather your thoughts and perspective of what to do next.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (228)
39.31%
No - but I will (40)
6.9%
No - I don't want to (41)
7.07%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (271)
46.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise