Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I'm new to the student room and I am looking for some advice to do with the mocks. I started them on Monday this week and they have all gone pretty well, apart from the English Language AQA Higher Mock Exam in which I panicked after realizing what I had written was not good enough.

My predicted grades are 9 A*'s and 3 A's. I was told that English Language GCSE is more important than English Lit, and I want a straight answer as to how important the mocks really are as I know I can get an A* in all, if not all of my subjects, and I think that my teachers also do, but if I don't get these grades in these mocks, would be it be that important?

Personally, I am not holding these mock exams in high regard as I have had little time for revision due to completing Controlled Assessments in Geography, IT and the Shakespeare CA of the English Lit, and I don't think that these mocks will reflect my true abilities, but would poorer grades really have that big an effect on my progress etc. Could anyone offer any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Mocks are a good way of practicing for exams and on average, you go up a grade or two. I never felt like they were important until I ended up having an operation at very short notice. If for some reason you cannot make it to an exam because of a medical condition, it'll be your mock grade that plays a part in your final grade!

Also, if you don't do as well as your predicted grades in your mocks, just take it with a pinch of salt. I failed my citizenship mock and came out with an A*!

I used mocks as a way of kick starting my revision and found that it really helped by May/June as I only had to refresh the topics that I was weak on!

Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.