The Student Room Group

Christian couple burned alive in Pakistan

This is a very sad story indeed :frown:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/church-of-pakistan-confirms-christian-couple-was-burned-alive-by-1500-muslims-over-rumor-they-ripped-pages-from-quran-129429/

Islam claims that it is the solution to all human problems; if it's going to make such claims, it has to drop the demand that it be immune from all criticism or even satire.

That is, of course, leaving aside the fact that in this case, the couple appears to have been innocent. The level of violence against non-Muslims in Pakistan has gotten totally out of control

Scroll to see replies

Original post by young_guns

http://www.christianpost.com/news/church-of-pakistan-confirms-christian-couple-was-burned-alive-by-1500-muslims-over-rumor-they-ripped-pages-from-quran-129429/

Islam claims that it is the solution to all human problems; if it's going to make such claims, it has to drop the demand that it be immune from all criticism or even satire.

That is, of course, leaving aside the fact that in this case, the couple appears to have been innocent. The level of violence against non-Muslims in Pakistan has gotten totally out of control

This is why when muslims compare the actions of "some" muslims to the actions of westboro church, it's not a fair one. We are talking about an entire country (along with many other countries) where it's ok to kill blasphemers - just disgusting.
Eugh, horrible country.
Reply 3
Cue the "this doesn't represent all Muslims, Islam is a religion of peace!" crowd.
That is so not right:mad:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Eugh, horrible country.

Racist

Posted from TSR Mobile
If all these sort of things are happening, then why does my old science teacher at school insist that Pakistan are more civilised than we are? :frown:
Original post by young_guns

Wow. Holy ****. That is terrible... 1500 peoplea s well...

Original post by Hickory Dickory
This is why when muslims compare the actions of "some" muslims to the actions of westboro church, it's not a fair one. We are talking about an entire country (along with many other countries) where it's ok to kill blasphemers - just disgusting.

Id think given the chance, there'd be some extreme right wing group who'd be totally OK with killing people. I know that a pastor in the US wanted to kill ALL gay people to cure AIDS....

And it's also not fair, for you to tar 140,000,000 people for the actions of 1500

On facebook, on EDL pages, you regularly get quite a chunk of them saying "KIll the Pakis" or "Burn all the Pakis/Muslims" etc.... So yeah, given the chance, I reckon there would be people who would do similar things in the West
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by pinkteddyx64
If all these sort of things are happening, then why does my old science teacher at school insist on Pakistan being more civilised than we are? :frown:

It sounds like your old science teacher is in denial. In what possible way is Pakistan more civilised than the UK? :lolwut:
Original post by The_Internet
Wow. Holy ****. That is terrible... 1500 peoplea s well...

Id think given the chance, there'd be some extreme right wing group who'd be totally OK with killing people. I know that a pastor in the US wanted to kill ALL gay people to cure AIDS....

And it's also not fair, for you to tar 140,000,000 people for the actions of 1500

Please go take a look at the polls - majority of the country support death penalty for blasphemy.
Original post by what is life :/
Im not :angry:

What you said was racist and offensive. They'll burn you next m8.. Watch out, Bridgette :ahee:
Posted from TSR Mobile

No they won't, prove it! :biggrin:. Lol, don't even try and imitate Jameel, I know it's not him :laugh:
It sounds like your old science teacher is in denial. In what possible way is Pakistan more civilised than the UK? :lolwut:

One of

One of the reasons was because they still have the death penalty and another because they don't tolerate gays people, which he doesn't personally like. :frown:

I mean what kind of school teacher says things like that? :eek:

One of the reasons was because they still have the death penalty and another because they don't tolerate gays people, which he doesn't personally like. :frown:

I have no idea in what parallel universe he lives in if he thinks those things make a country more civilised...:curious:

Not many, surely he could be fired for saying things like that?
Original post by what is life :/

Stating you don't like a country is not racism. Grow up.
Typical Pakistan.
One of

A mad one. Your science lessons must have been a lot of fun

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not many, surely he could be fired for saying things like that?

Yes he should be and all it takes is a few complaints from his students
Original post by Radicalathiest
all will be so pleased reading his morning parers today what with all the barbarity being done in his name

Hmm. You're not a very good Athiest, are you.
Original post by Balloon Baboon
Hmm. You're not a very good Athiest, are you.

why would you say that?
Original post by Radicalathiest
why would you say that?

Because your posts suggests he's real.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending