Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ...would shut the **** up? This is not targeted at anyone in particular but it comes across as very insecure, like when I used to mention my sexual conquests with girls..

And sure I've been with girls before. It's very annoying when people say yeh and my bf does this that and this. Yawn.

Congratulations your life is defined by someone else who probably given reality won't be with you forever.

Then there's people who mention their projects or businesses. Notice how they seem more with it and have much bigger ambitions than a bf or gf?

ReputationRep:
    'Posted this at 3
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Sorta. But in general, happy ppl annoy me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holmes221)
    ...would shut the **** up? This is not targeted at anyone in particular but it comes across as very insecure, like when I used to mention my sexual conquests with girls..

And sure I've been with girls before. It's very annoying when people say yeh and my bf does this that and this. Yawn.

Congratulations your life is defined by someone else who probably given reality won't be with you forever.

Then there's people who mention their projects or businesses. Notice how they seem more with it and have much bigger ambitions than a bf or gf?
    Yes, well said.
    As well as the people who state as soon as you go up to talk to them that they have a boyfriend/girlfriend so there's no point hitting on them, not even considering that you might want to just talk to them. Get over yourselves.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they just want you to know so that they don't have to bother with you getting all interested on them.

ReputationRep:
    Throughout life, there are many people who are important to us at certain points, but won't be at others. I see nothing wrong with talking about them. Particularly if it's a romantic relationship, because the feelings can be so strong. Fair enough, I don't particularly like it when people talk about anyone/anything non-stop when I'm trying to have a conversation with them, but mentioning their boyfriend or girlfriend really isn't a problem.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yeah I don't really like when people do that. I don't have a bf or gf. It comes across as insecure. I don't have a bf or gf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    Maybe they just want you to know so that they don't have to bother with you getting all interested on them.
    I get what you mean but I just feel it kills any desire to speak to them, it just makes me think of them as up-themselves. They should ay least give the conversation a chance to flow before judging whether they're being hit on or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    Not when hitting on anyone I mean in just normal conversation. It's form of insecure bragging as if it's an achievement.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    My friends must be weird then - the only time the subject of their partner ever comes up if it's somehow relevant to the conversation in some way.

But yeah, it's annoying. I know someone who used to do this, like he had a point of some sort to prove.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=CreamyRoss;52047437]Yes, well said.
    As well as the people who state as soon as you go up to talk to them that they have a boyfriend/girlfriend so there's no point hitting on them, not even considering that you might want to just talk to them. Get over yourselves.

I hate people like that. If a guy tries to talk to me on a night out, I will talk to them alongside my friends, and will mention my bf if they start trying it on. I don't see the harm in talking to someone unless they try it on or getting gropey

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTq66KIag9Y

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 5, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.