Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I just recently decided I would be going back to University (have to start a new course) and saw on UCAS that the closing date for most uni applications is the 15th of January.

I've seen a lot of people in here receive offers already though. Am I too late to apply? I plan on applying for mathematics and finance/accounting degrees.

Also, if it isn't too late, what sort of grades are they looking for? I tried searching their website for hours and was just going in circles.

I have an A in ICT, B in mathematics and B in economics at A-Level.

Thanks.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there, I know I'm not University of Edinburgh but I hope I can help! You can still apply, the deadline is the 15th so if you have an application in by then you will be considered. Late application may not be considered. Early offers don't happen everywhere but some universities will do some initial rounds of selection. You have until the 15th Jan though so don't panic!

Entry requirements are tricky to advise on, but I would recommend contacting them directly to discuss your grades as sometimes other experience will be useful to consider, or with a change of course direction they may like to get an understanding of your reasons. Phone or email the Recruitment team, I work with them often and they're really helpful! 0131 650 4360 or email [email protected]

Best of luck! Charlotte (TSR Official QMU Rep)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your help!
    I'm currently in Australia but will be back home in the UK in a week and will give them a call then.
    I feel like I've changed a lot since I was last in Uni and have had many good experiences since then that will hopefully give me something else to offer over the school leavers.

Thanks again,
    Connor Johnston

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.