The Student Room Group

How common is it for uni students to smoke weed?

Reply 1
Common, but if you're doing it because of peer pressure and to look cool then you'd be pretty ****ing sad.
Quite common but I have no intention of doing so.
Common enough to not be abnormal. I'd say a lot of people quit it during their time at uni though.
Common enough by the end of the third week you'll find out that your mates smoke. Also you find out all your previous mates from your former school have been smoking since college.
It's very common,certainly was at my uni,most of them smoked weed before they started uni anyway
Not common where I was, at least not to the extent you can smell it on clothes so at least not regularly. The stuff reeks, and I've only sniffed it on maybe 2-3 people during my time there :biggrin:
I've met a lot of people that smoke cannabis, sadly though about 9/10 people smoke it with tobacco and not pure so I don't smoke with them. Went to a cannabis debate that was setup by a society and the turnout for pro cannabis was very encouraging for the future. The internet generation has definitely helped.
Reply 8
Pretty common. Most of my close friends who go to uni or college either smoke it or have at least smoked it once or twice. I don't really know many people who have done anything harder than weed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Better question is, how common is it for your bandmates to be ex-meth addicts post-rehab? :colondollar:

I don't do drugs because I'm a tiger in Ancient Rome with an oversized head.
(edited 9 years ago)
Very common, I know plenty who do but I don't care.

Know a few who's done harder drugs like MDMA during uni.
Reply 11
Pretty damn common, i'd see it as near impossible to go through university without bumping into a number of people who smoke cannabis.

Doesn't mean you don't have to hang around with them if you don't want to, they are easy enough to avoid.

Quick Reply

Latest