Turn on thread page Beta

Think I'm being underpaid watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be honest that just sounds like a rough situation.

You've lost most of the payslips so that won't help, you don't have your time sheets.

Did you at least write down (for your own record) the hours and days you did? I think even then it would be hard for you to even reclaim anything because it would be your word versus theirs. It would have been a lot easier for you to have claimed it whilst still working for them.

I am sorry to say it is probably worth dropping it.

The moment you suspected something was up you should have done something but by leaving it because the grief would not be worth it, as you say, was a mistake.

ReputationRep:
    Surprised CAB not helpful. Try another? If not let HMRC know, if they find out and it comes up with tax avoidance they will be down on them really quick

ReputationRep:
    Have you considered that you don't get paid for any breaks?

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.