Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter


    I've always thought my employer was shady and in recent weeks I've found this to be true (Too long to explain).

    I have worked there for roughly a year a have to sign a timesheet each day, I noticed a couple of time in the last few months that I was missing hours but chose to ignore it as the grief wouldn't be worth it for the missing hours as I'd ended up with no hours at all (Zero hour contract).

    I'm no longer an emlpoyee of his and want to make find out if/how much he has underpaid me by and want to claim it back.

    I have only a few payslips (lost most) and no timesheets.

    I'm aware that he doesn't have to provide me with copies of my payslips as he has provided me with them onc already but can I request my timesheets without him refusing? (I'm going to ask anyway). If he refuses, then what?

    I've been to my local Citizenship Advice and they provided little to no input, so that's not an option.

    Thanks !

    I'm going to be honest that just sounds like a rough situation.

    You've lost most of the payslips so that won't help, you don't have your time sheets.

    Did you at least write down (for your own record) the hours and days you did? I think even then it would be hard for you to even reclaim anything because it would be your word versus theirs. It would have been a lot easier for you to have claimed it whilst still working for them.

    I am sorry to say it is probably worth dropping it.

    The moment you suspected something was up you should have done something but by leaving it because the grief would not be worth it, as you say, was a mistake.

    Surprised CAB not helpful. Try another? If not let HMRC know, if they find out and it comes up with tax avoidance they will be down on them really quick

    Have you considered that you don't get paid for any breaks?
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.