Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

Is there anyone else starting Adult Nursing at the Luton campus in March? I would really like to get to know some people before we all get there

I haven't been able to find anything and judging by the discussion threads, everyone is pretty quiet haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilysawyer_x)
    Hiya,

Is there anyone else starting Adult Nursing at the Luton campus in March? I would really like to get to know some people before we all get there

I haven't been able to find anything and judging by the discussion threads, everyone is pretty quiet haha!

Hey I have in interview for the march intake next week really hope I get in! What was the interview like? Also how did the numeracy and literacy test go?

ReputationRep:
    That's good! Yeah, you just need to be pretty confident within yourself and your own ability. They take note on what you wear and as silly as it sounds, how much you smile throughout the interviews.

It is important that you are heard and make your opinions known during the group interview. Don't be afraid to speak up! I struggled with this part as I am quite shy haha.

The numeracy and literacy tests aren't too bad, just make sure you're up to scratch on metric conversions for the numeracy. For my literacy test, I had to write a kind of essay detailing why nursing is my chosen profession and why I applied to the Uni of Bedfordshire.

I'm sure you will be fine though, I've made it sound worse than it is and the tutors were lovely!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much that's really helpful how long did you have to wait until you had a reply from them? Also how long were the interviews and test for? What do you need to get to pass them? Thanks for your reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephwilliams92)
    Thanks so much that's really helpful how long did you have to wait until you had a reply from them? Also how long were the interviews and test for? What do you need to get to pass them? Thanks for your reply
    That's okay I waited about 2/3 weeks for them to reply! Erm, it was about 4/5 hours long in total but a lot of that time was waiting around. I'm pretty sure it's 80% to pass

ReputationRep:
    Ah right cool thanks 😊 what was the topic in the group interview about? Also what kind of questions did they ask you God I'm so nervous hehe well done for passing though! 😊

ReputationRep:
    Hi Emily.
    I'm currently studying Adult Nursing at the university of Bedfordshire. The course is good, you'll love it
    Just wondering, have you sorted out your accommodation? I currently live at Fitzroy in the quiet building for nursing students, but trying to see if anyone will take over my room, for me to move back home
    Laura x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi Emily, I've been offered a place on the adult nursing course which starts in March. I've not heard too much else about the course but I have now received my DBS and health clearance check paperwork. Have you started sorting out your finance yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LauraPullen96)
    Hi Emily.
    I'm currently studying Adult Nursing at the university of Bedfordshire. The course is good, you'll love it
    Just wondering, have you sorted out your accommodation? I currently live at Fitzroy in the quiet building for nursing students, but trying to see if anyone will take over my room, for me to move back home
    Laura x

kiPosted from TSR Mobile
    I can't wait to start now! I've applied for the Fitzroy rooms could you tell me what books and stuff I will need? X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LindsayWoolston)
    Hi Emily, I've been offered a place on the adult nursing course which starts in March. I've not heard too much else about the course but I have now received my DBS and health clearance check paperwork. Have you started sorting out your finance yet?
    Hi, I've also received all of this but haven't done anything with it yet. I don't even know where to start with the finance 🙈

ReputationRep:
    ive gotten the same thing! Which campus are you on? 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephwilliams92)
    ive gotten the same thing! Which campus are you on? 😊
    I'm living at the Luton campus but travelling to the butter something campus? It sounds something like that 😂 x

ReputationRep:
    I've started filling stuff out but not sent them off yet. Are you from Luton or are you moving into the area? It's Butterfield where we'll be studying, should be the same place that you had your interview. I'm bedford based so will be studying at Butterfield & Park Square and placements at Bedford. Are you both going to the day on 10th February?

ReputationRep:
    That's great thanks so much!

ReputationRep:
    Hiya I'm starting the course at Luton in March (: is anyone going to that group thing on. 10th February at the Butterfield place?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm on the March course, but I'm not able to go to the induction unfortunately. I sent my health check form off and just submitted my online application for my bursary. I've now just got to send off my evidence. Did anyone else find the bursary application a bit of a headache?!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for not replying everyone, I've just been feeling a bit disappointed and low abiut university at the moment. I unfortunately won't be starting the university in March anymore as I have to have a multitude of different operations on my knee and won't be able to walk for a period of time I am going to try and request a deferred place in September though. I hope you all have a really nice time though and let me know how you get on ☺

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, poor you. Try not to worry. Have you spoken to the uni about it? As I don't think the first placement is until the summer anyway. If you do end up deferring it's not the end of the world, the fact you've been offered a place means they should be able to organise a place for you for September (they won't have filled that course yet) and it just means you've got a bit more time to get prepared

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I am starting adult nursing in March 2015! Is anybody going to the induction on the 10th feb?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilysawyer_x)
    Hiya,

Hello, Do you think we will get summer holidays?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 8, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.