Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone give me advice on the structure of a personal statement for a nursing degree. What should each paragraph be about, what information should I include etc
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there. From a universities perspective we will be looking for you to identify the different branches and relate your statement to the area you are interested in (i.e. don't tell us about paediatrics if applying to adult). Use the experience you have to the branch you're interested in, so if you have adult as your choice how have you worked with adults in different situations. Also read the course information carefully - pick out the skills or knowledge required and demonstrate your experience there (communication - do you have a part-time job where you have to talk to people? leadership - situation where you are required to take charge or where you have shown leadership skills) and so on. It's all about linking. Don't forget to also mention your understanding of the environment - nursing is a demanding job so show you've researched it well. We want to know you've thought about where you're heading and understand the pressures involved.

I hope this helps! Best of luck! Charlotte (TSR Official QMU Rep)

ReputationRep:
    I said:

First para: Why you understand about the role of a nurse. Why you want to be a nurse (adult, child, mental) so you can put in here what has led you to applying whether that be your job, or education.
    para 2: put your experience, transferable skills etc. Put about any other experience, like working night shifts and weekends, how you have worked in a team.
    para 3: what you are doing in college now. how is that helping you to achieve your goal to be a RN? what classes are you enjoying the most? Why? (I picked social sciences :P)
    para 4: hobbies and interests
    para 5: I put a bit more like a summary of my understanding of the role. I put some key words of my personality and what i have to offer too.

EDIT: Check your library for any UCAS books. Mine had 3 and there was a yellow one that was very good! had some great things you could use and showed you some examples!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.