nursing personal statement Watch

WOOD161
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Can anyone give me advice on the structure of a personal statement for a nursing degree. What should each paragraph be about, what information should I include etc
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi there. From a universities perspective we will be looking for you to identify the different branches and relate your statement to the area you are interested in (i.e. don't tell us about paediatrics if applying to adult). Use the experience you have to the branch you're interested in, so if you have adult as your choice how have you worked with adults in different situations. Also read the course information carefully - pick out the skills or knowledge required and demonstrate your experience there (communication - do you have a part-time job where you have to talk to people? leadership - situation where you are required to take charge or where you have shown leadership skills) and so on. It's all about linking. Don't forget to also mention your understanding of the environment - nursing is a demanding job so show you've researched it well. We want to know you've thought about where you're heading and understand the pressures involved.

I hope this helps! Best of luck! Charlotte (TSR Official QMU Rep)
bobaphont
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I said:

First para: Why you understand about the role of a nurse. Why you want to be a nurse (adult, child, mental) so you can put in here what has led you to applying whether that be your job, or education.
para 2: put your experience, transferable skills etc. Put about any other experience, like working night shifts and weekends, how you have worked in a team.
para 3: what you are doing in college now. how is that helping you to achieve your goal to be a RN? what classes are you enjoying the most? Why? (I picked social sciences :P)
para 4: hobbies and interests
para 5: I put a bit more like a summary of my understanding of the role. I put some key words of my personality and what i have to offer too.

EDIT: Check your library for any UCAS books. Mine had 3 and there was a yellow one that was very good! had some great things you could use and showed you some examples!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (141)
38.42%
No - but I will (21)
5.72%
No - I don't want to (26)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (179)
48.77%

Watched Threads