Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I've been accepted for this course but wanted to know a few things to aid my final decision as my insurance choice;
    1. how good is this course at the University of Sheffield?
    2. is it more business or economics covered?
    3. how much maths is involved in this course? How difficult is it?
    4. Anything worth knowing before that is not mentioned until you start the course?

Any answer to these questions will be really helpful and any anecdotes are welcome. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations on your offer!

The compulsory elements of the course are a fairly even split between Business Management and Economics, but you can customise the overall content levels through your optional module choices. Details of the modules involved can be found on the course website: http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/economics...e/degrees/nl21

The maths content of the course depends a little on your optional modules, but it does aim to build on some A-level concepts. Don't worry if you're not confident with everything, as the first year maths module will cover all of the essentials.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 9, 2014
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.