Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I've been with the same phone company for 2 years, and just recently my contract came to an end, so I came back to change my phone. I didn't have to pay anything for it, the only thing that has changed is that I pay more each month. Sadly, I couldn't be more disappointed. I got the Galaxy Ace 4 and the camera quality is terrible I know it may seem like a small thing but it is honestly so disappointing, and the camera quality actually is the most important to me.

The thing is this contract is ALSO meant to last 2 years. Is there any way I can change it to a different phone with better camera quality, or would I simply have to pay a lot extra for that? :/

Btw, sorry ; i know TSR isn't exactly the perfect place to post electronic threads, but I didn't know where else to ask x_x

ReputationRep:
    How long ago did you get it.

If its 2 weeks or less you'll still be in the cooling off period and should be able to change it without penalty.

If its been more than 2 weeks, ring the company or walk into the shop and ask what your options are. They might be able to offer you something. Otherwise theres not really much stopping you selling the phone and buying a new one sim free. Your warranty on the contract will be void, but you should still have one on the new phone you buy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabloomybuzz)
    How long ago did you get it.

If its 2 weeks or less you'll still be in the cooling off period and should be able to change it without penalty.

If its been more than 2 weeks, ring the company or walk into the shop and ask what your options are. They might be able to offer you something. Otherwise theres not really much stopping you selling the phone and buying a new one sim free. Your warranty on the contract will be void, but you should still have one on the new phone you buy.
    Actually, I only got it 2 days ago. So you think it would be possible to switch the phone? (not to a more expensive one, but simply to one that has the better camera quality - i could murder myself for not chosing it then )
    I thought once a contract was signed there was nothing you could do about it do all companies have some sort of 7-day "return" policy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elliemrrz)
    Actually, I only got it 2 days ago. So you think it would be possible to switch the phone? (not to a more expensive one, but simply to one that has the better camera quality - i could murder myself for not chosing it then )
    I thought once a contract was signed there was nothing you could do about it do all companies have some sort of 7-day "return" policy?
    With all contracts like this there is a 2 week cooling off period. Read through your contract, the details should be on there. You'll be able to cancel the contract completely within the cooling off period if you choose, so maybe shop around and see if you can find an offer elsewhere thats better.

Which network is this under.... google their cooling off period details.

ReputationRep:
    I'd go back to the shop as soon as possible to see if you can swap it for something better, the Galaxy Ace 4 is a poor smartphone which you don't want to tie yourself to for the next two years. If you do want a cheap smartphone I'd have a look at buying something outright, and then going sim only, that way you won't be tied into anything and can upgrade when you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jameswhughes)
    I'd go back to the shop as soon as possible to see if you can swap it for something better, the Galaxy Ace 4 is a poor smartphone which you don't want to tie yourself to for the next two years. If you do want a cheap smartphone I'd have a look at buying something outright, and then going sim only, that way you won't be tied into anything and can upgrade when you want.

I know... The guy made it sound sooo amazing but I'm starting to realise that my OLD phone which was like an ancient LG was better than this one but if i did ask to switch it what would be the conditions? would i have to pay a huge amount / pay a larger amount each month?
    i did phone up the company to ask about this but i think they misunderstood me and so weren't much help at all.

ReputationRep:
    With all contracts like this there is a 2 week cooling off period. Read through your contract, the details should be on there. You'll be able to cancel the contract completely within the cooling off period if you choose, so maybe shop around and see if you can find an offer elsewhere thats better.

Which network is this under.... google their cooling off period details.

I phoned the company up but Idk if they understood me right; I asked if I'd be able to upgrade my phone early and they said that I can only get it upgraded by the end of the contract (so in 2 years). But I'm not sure if I asked the right question using the word "upgrade"!

ReputationRep:
    I phoned the company up but Idk if they understood me right; I asked if I'd be able to upgrade my phone early and they said that I can only get it upgraded by the end of the contract (so in 2 years). But I'm not sure if I asked the right question using the word "upgrade"!
    You need to check your contract and/or look up the phone company's terms for their cooling off period. What you'll probably need to do is cancel your current contract under the terms of the cooling off period and then sign up to another one.

ReputationRep:
    You need to check your contract and/or look up the phone company's terms for their cooling off period. What you'll probably need to do is cancel your current contract under the terms of the cooling off period and then sign up to another one.
    Idk, I live in Poland (but i'm british) and use a Polish company - Plus - so Idk if the cooling off period only applies to British networks or international ones... should all networks have a cooling off period?

ReputationRep:
    Idk, I live in Poland (but i'm british) and use a Polish company - Plus - so Idk if the cooling off period only applies to British networks or international ones... should all networks have a cooling off period?
    Check your contract and see what that says. Also google and see if you can find any info

IDK, in poland it might be different, it would have been useful if you'd included that information in your OP

Whats the phone company called?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.