Turn on thread page Beta

Power Steering? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you too, but that was a bad/stupid example

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryan)
    Power steering is crap.

If you wana chuck a car into a roundabout at 70mph, you need to feel the car so you can tell it's limits and feel its every move. Power steering stops this.
    not if your car is good enough, you will be able to handle it and know the limits. do lotus's etc have PAS? the limits are prety obvious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryan)
    I personally disagree...cars without power steering are safer for reasons I've said (eg you can feel the tyres/road presence more, can tell when the car is on the edge etc etc)
    For normal people who don't drive like complete friggin prats, it's far easier and better to have power steering. They wouldn't fit it if it was useless.
    Supercars have power steering, e.g. Murcielago. That shows that its useful in terms of performance as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jojo72)
    Also go for a Polo if you can - they are utterly in a different class - you might have to pay a fair bit extra for the badge, but in this case its worth it - everything in my 1999 Polo ocmpared to my 1997 Fiesta is nicer - the steering, the sound of the engine (quiet) the build quality of the interior and exterior. Most especially the seats - the diff is amazing on long journeys.
    I would agree since I have a Polo, but there is a fair bit of body roll on bends and they arent the quickest cars in the world. Its very safe and sturdy though and feels well built, and especially on motorways (go for at least the 1.4).

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.