Final year networking project help?

Watch this thread
beardedone
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey, I'm pretty new here but I'm really struggling with my final year project and neither my client or any lecturers have been of much help to me when asking them, so I was just wondering if anyone could offer any help or advice for me.

so, my project proposal is this;
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
solveassignment
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Having problem with your final year networking project? We can help you. If you are interested in it, then please come to Solve My Assignment where you can find skilled professionals who can help you in your project.
Binary Freak
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by solveassignment)
Having problem with your final year networking project? We can help you. If you are interested in it, then please come to Solve My Assignment where you can find skilled professionals who can help you in your project.
Translation - Pay to have someone do it for you? :facepalm2:
mos182
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Is it just me or has OP not posted his project?
Binary Freak
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mos182)
Is it just me or has OP not posted his project?
He posted it.. But for some strange reason it doesn't appear so easily..

Spoiler:
Show
The client would like a thorough review of the layer 2 and layer 3 high availability protocols used within a network switch block. The student would be expected to recommend how these protocols should work together to improve network resiliency and how they should be tuned to provide optimal support for real time voice and video traffic.

I've been struggling to find research papers everywhere for these topics, can't seem to find any anywhere.

The outcome of my project is to build a prototype network to stream voice and video communications - making sure that downtime is limited and lag of both communications are minimal. I've read and have a moderate understanding of the spanning tree protocol but the client (lecturer) wants more than this and apparently 25+ research papers which is proving rather difficult at the minute.

Thanks in advance.
Binary Freak
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by beardedone)
Hey, I'm pretty new here but I'm really struggling with my final year project and neither my client or any lecturers have been of much help to me when asking them, so I was just wondering if anyone could offer any help or advice for me.

so, my project proposal is this;
Well switch block is rather vague but you should probably look into ISDN (Incl. PRI, BRI, B-ISDN and N-ISDN) as well as PSTN/GSTN.

Also might be worth asking whether you can look into FTF.11/12, SAP/v2, RVPCP, and VPIM, and you might want to ask him whether you can look at QoS congestion management with RSVP using 802.1p priority markings, and DSCP for layer 2 low-latency voice traffic

EDIT: Might be worth looking into QoS over ATM for using different ATM PVCs for data and voice based traffic
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (10)
35.71%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (9)
32.14%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
7.14%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (1)
3.57%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (2)
7.14%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
10.71%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
3.57%

Watched Threads