Constitutional Law, 'English votes for English laws'..

Watch
Shannon1329
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I am in the middle of my assignment which is based around The West Lothian question, I am currently looking at the constitutional implications if the so called 'English votes for English laws' idea was given effect and I am trying to put across that it would be difficult to decide which laws are purely English, as many laws that seem that way somehow probably have an indirect affect on Scotland. My problem is however, I can't think of an example of such a law! Would taxation be a plausible idea to use? Thank you
cliffg
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Shannon1329)
I am in the middle of my assignment which is based around The West Lothian question, I am currently looking at the constitutional implications if the so called 'English votes for English laws' idea was given effect and I am trying to put across that it would be difficult to decide which laws are purely English, as many laws that seem that way somehow probably have an indirect affect on Scotland. My problem is however, I can't think of an example of such a law! Would taxation be a plausible idea to use? Thank you
Excellent academic comment from Mark Elliot on this issue is available here:

http://ukconstitutionallaw.org/2013/...nited-kingdom/

Check some of his later blogs which may contain more comment.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (56)
17.07%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (93)
28.35%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (124)
37.8%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.41%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise