how chavvy is liverpool really?

Watch
hdaindak
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
applying to uni there but abit worried by the constant rumours that it's full of chavs! aha
hdaindak
Rep:
?
oioioioioi
k4l397
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Shouldn't put you off the uni, all cities have 'bad areas' Liverpool isn't going to be an exception.
hdaindak
Rep:
?
(Original post by k4l397)
Shouldn't put you off the uni, all cities have 'bad areas' Liverpool isn't going to be an exception.
yeahh i get that i think that's true!- just that seems to be it's main feature to lots of people
laurennmc
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I go to Uni of Liverpool. You don't come across many chavs! Particularly on campus city centre is very diverse, you're more likely to see a mass range of cultures opposed to chavs.. However they do exist, but of the 'chavs' you do see, the majority are very friendly, decent people. It's just a fashion choice that defines them! Liverpool is one of the friendliest cities ive ever been too :-)
hdaindak
Rep:
?
(Original post by laurennmc)
I go to Uni of Liverpool. You don't come across many chavs! Particularly on campus city centre is very diverse, you're more likely to see a mass range of cultures opposed to chavs.. However they do exist, but of the 'chavs' you do see, the majority are very friendly, decent people. It's just a fashion choice that defines them! Liverpool is one of the friendliest cities ive ever been too :-)
okk thankyou!
gemmam
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Its like every area; you get chavs and you get non-chavs. Liverpool is just stereotyped as being full of chavs due to how it was portrayed on TV in the 80s and 90s. I don't live too far from there and I feel safer at
night in Liverpool City Centre compared to where I live which is meant to be "posher".

Posted from TSR Mobile
hdaindak
Rep:
?
(Original post by gemmam)
Its like every area; you get chavs and you get non-chavs. Liverpool is just stereotyped as being full of chavs due to how it was portrayed on TV in the 80s and 90s. I don't live too far from there and I feel safer at
night in Liverpool City Centre compared to where I live which is meant to be "posher".

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah that's true- i live in London and it's very much a mix- was just worried that i was a chav town ahaha! also because when i went to visit there was like a huge fight outside a pub right in front of me, but other than that iactually really liked it!
gemmam
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by hdaindak)
yeah that's true- i live in London and it's very much a mix- was just worried that i was a chav town ahaha! also because when i went to visit there was like a huge fight outside a pub right in front of me, but other than that iactually really liked it!
Fights outside pubs can happen anywhere; I was in Chester (which is generally considered to be posh) the other week and saw one there. As another poster has already said you do get quite a few people in Liverpool who appear chavvy (e.g. drawn on eyebrows, tracksuits etc) but it doesn't necessarily mean that they're chavs; its just how they choose to look. Which uni are you applying too?
hdaindak
Rep:
?
Fights outside pubs can happen anywhere; I was in Chester (which is generally considered to be posh) the other week and saw one there. As another poster has already said you do get quite a few people in Liverpool who appear chavvy (e.g. drawn on eyebrows, tracksuits etc) but it doesn't necessarily mean that they're chavs; its just how they choose to look. Which uni are you applying too?
liverpool uni
JackMoorcroft
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm from Liverpool and feel I can give a non bias and accurate view. In the areas outside Liverpool city centre there are more 'chavs' but there's not that many. The city centre is incredibly diverse and it's a wonderful place to go, you'll have no problems there and I suspect apart from campus that's where you will be most. As for campus, almost everyone comes from outside the city (especially those who are living on campus) and are just as anxious as you about this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hdaindak
Rep:
?
(Original post by JackMoorcroft)
I'm from Liverpool and feel I can give a non bias and accurate view. In the areas outside Liverpool city centre there are more 'chavs' but there's not that many. The city centre is incredibly diverse and it's a wonderful place to go, you'll have no problems there and I suspect apart from campus that's where you will be most. As for campus, almost everyone comes from outside the city (especially those who are living on campus) and are just as anxious as you about this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
okay thankyou!! is the city centre where the docks are?- bit confused about the layout
gemmam
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
okay thankyou!! is the city centre where the docks are?- bit confused about the layout
No but they aren't far from the city centre; Liverpool One is pretty close to the Albert Docks.
_Charlotte15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
applying to uni there but abit worried by the constant rumours that it's full of chavs! aha
How rude it's not chavy at all maybe that's what people from Manchester say..

Posted from TSR Mobile
aoxa
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Liverpool isn't very chavvy, at least in the centre, while there are some more chavvy areas on the outskirts.
hdaindak
Rep:
?
(Original post by _Charlotte15)
How rude it's not chavy at all maybe that's what people from Manchester say..

Posted from TSR Mobile
it's what people from london say
hdaindak
Rep:
?
No but they aren't far from the city centre; Liverpool One is pretty close to the Albert Docks.
okk how would you rate liverpool generally?
hdaindak
Rep:
?
(Original post by aoxa)
Liverpool isn't very chavvy, at least in the centre, while there are some more chavvy areas on the outskirts.
ok thankss
JoshTinsley96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've lived in Liverpool for 18 years (all my life) and been to many different cities and non of them compare to Liverpool!! Probably the most friendly and funny city you'll ever visit. There's chav's in every area and Liverpool isn't any exception but honestly 'the chav's' don't bother you unless you bother them . You won't regret coming to Liverpool! I'm just sad I can't stay here for university, I'm moving away unfortunately

Posted from TSR Mobile
hdaindak
Rep:
?
(Original post by JoshTinsley96)
I've lived in Liverpool for 18 years (all my life) and been to many different cities and non of them compare to Liverpool!! Probably the most friendly and funny city you'll ever visit. There's chav's in every area and Liverpool isn't any exception but honestly 'the chav's' don't bother you unless you bother them . You won't regret coming to Liverpool! I'm just sad I can't stay here for university, I'm moving away unfortunately

Posted from TSR Mobile
sounds really nice! yeah i did visit it and really liked it but didn't really get to see much of it unfortunately and oh cool where are you going?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (515)
33.64%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.41%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.38%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed