Turn on thread page Beta

What type of RAM do i have???REP REWARD watch

ReputationRep:
    No thats my mistake i presumed that if an unqualified person fixed ur pc then the void becomes invalid. I can install it anywyas but a mate of mine at Aberdeen Computer Graphics Studio does all the hardware side for me, he will install it for nothing and if he dont i can easily find someone who can. I wanna learn at somepoint but i'll get an old pc for that instead of experimenting with my new one lol

ReputationRep:
    Upgrading the RAM is the easiest thing you can do in the world. There is no way it should invalidate a warranty. You don't need to be qualified to install RAM. All you need is a little bit of background knowledge so you get the correct type of memory in the first place.

I built my first PC from scratch when I was 13, thats how easy it is. I taught myself 100%. It was also much harder to build PCs back then as there were so much more things you had to configure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Upgrading the RAM is the easiest thing you can do in the world. There is no way it should invalidate a warranty. You don't need to be qualified to install RAM. All you need is a little bit of background knowledge so you get the correct type of memory in the first place.

I built my first PC from scratch when I was 13, thats how easy it is. I taught myself 100%. It was also much harder to build PCs back then as there were so much more things you had to configure.
    Okay, thanx for your help...again! Reps on its way!

ReputationRep:
    As far as im concerned, if your pc for example uses pc2100, you can't add pc2700 to work along with it.

make sure you check what spec your ram is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paranoid_teen)
    As far as im concerned, if your pc for example uses pc2100, you can't add pc2700 to work along with it.

dont worry i will be. Im gonna phone the computer company when i get home and get the right specs just to be sure!!

ReputationRep:
    If you open up your box, it will say on the side of the stick of ram what type it is, you don't have to touch anything.

if you have 190mb RAM, you must have a 128mb stick and a 64mb stick, are you planning on swapping the 64mb stick with your new 512 stick of ram?

RAM is really easy to install, you could do it yourself, you just plug it in and turn your pc on - done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paranoid_teen)

I am pretty sure it will work but the both memory mudles will run at 2100 and not 2700. My mum has two different types of dimms and it runs fine, though is is DIMMs and not DDR.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.