Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    cg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramamamamamama)
    Hey,
    Im a female and i play the drums. I have some sort of real obsession with it as though i have to play loads in my free time. I am really addicted and couldnt imagine not playing!
    Just wondered..who else gets that feeling and what instrument you play?
    I'm a guy and I play drums, and I think I know what you mean. I'd spend a good part of my free time just drumming. I'm at uni at the moment and I miss my drums loads!

ReputationRep:
    There was a time when I was totally addicted to guitaring over summer, wrote loads of songs (all awesome ) but since life has sped up again I haven't had as much time, not to mention musical instrements are technically banned in halls.

ReputationRep:
    I am dying without my piano. I feel like nothing I do is "real" and that the personality I've had while at uni hasn't really been "me" at all. I also haven't been able to write because I have to express myself on piano before being able to do that...aaaagh. There is a piano in my hall that you can only play in certain hours and it's in a really inconvenient place and there are practice rooms, but I don't want to have to talk to people to sort out practicing. And if I book a practice room for 5, what if I don't feel like playing at 5?

It'll be three weeks on Sunday, the longest I've ever gone without playing. I don't know if it's kind of weird that my personality depends on it. It's the thing I miss most from home - I don't miss my family at all, and even my love for my bike and for field and darkness at night pale in comparison to my longing for my piano. Oh, I guess I miss my boyfriend a bit. But I can take him or leave him. Music's different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Decent_Jam)
    There was a time when I was totally addicted to guitaring over summer, wrote loads of songs (all awesome ) but since life has sped up again I haven't had as much time, not to mention musical instrements are technically banned in halls.
    Technically, but my block don't seem to mind me playing saxophone or acoustic guitar occasionally. I try to do it when most people are out. I think what would really annoy me would be really loud electric guitar or something piercing like trumpet, though saxophone is pretty loud and I'm obviously biased. One of them asked if I'd just be casually playing sax in the background when her friends came because it sort of made us look cool. So no one really has a problem with it. But none of the instruments I have with me can replace my piano. And I'm not being melodramatic.

ReputationRep:
    Ive moved house and have nowhere to set up my kit, but hopefully that'll all change in mid november

i miss my drums so much The practice pad just doesnt cut it!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.