The Student Room Group

Can't choose what to do with my life

Long story short I am in a real stressful situation where I can't decide what to do in the future. I have no idea what to do for a career and I am being yelled at to apply to uni but I don't know what course I want to do, which ties back to me not knowing what to do as a job. I have looked at apprenticeships which seems appealing but my Dad goes on about how they land you in a badly paid job unless you do a 'Traditional Apprenticeship' like plumbing or being a electrician which I don't want to be! Then I have the gap year option where there is too much risk and i may end up bumming around for a year if I can't find work....My grades are Okay B,C,D (Geography B, History C, English lang+lit D) but that won't get me into a good uni will it? or a job!

I am going to tear my eyeballs out as I am being forced to decide my future which I DON'T WANT TO F**KING DO!
Try searching pros/cons of uni and then do the same for apprenticeships, weigh them out and see which one is the better option, don't let your dad influence your decisions, it's really down to you, you don't want to regret them later on. It might be best to take a gap year out, there's a lot of options when it comes to finding something to do in a gap year, such as work experience, jobs, travelling to another country and helping out or if you're not happy with your grades you could retake them i think? it's possible to get into a good uni, sometimes they'll take you no matter what your grades are just so they can fill up spaces, you could always look in the clearing section to find courses which you might like, however you'll need to wait until the next clearing. Good luck, don't worry too much, imo you still have a lot of time, there's no need to rush into things, everyone says we don't have much time left to decide but it's probably better to take as much time as we need to decide and not end up regretting it later on, rather than rushing into things then getting frustrated later on because we ended up not liking it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending