The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

ST102 booklet/folder

I was wondering if any 2nd/3rd year student has got their ST102 folder which was given out last year, as this year LSE has been really stingy despite charging about 2.5x more from UK+EU students and has decided that we should print off all the lecture notes/exercises ourselves, which I can't be arsed to do.

Anyone willing to sell their booklet/foldery thing? :wink:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's all a load of bollocks, really. The ST102 lecturer is perhaps the lowest form of humanity I've ever seen in my life. The fact that the back right of the Peacock Theatre always finds it appropriate to laugh at him doesn't help either (not that I'm attentive or interested, it's just that they're annoying).
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
zxczxc
It's all a load of bollocks, really. The ST102 lecturer is perhaps the lowest form of humanity I've ever seen in my life. The fact that the back right of the Peacock Theatre always finds it appropriate to laugh at him doesn't help either (not that I'm attentive or interested, it's just that they're annoying).

Where were you sitting exactly? I was sitting centre back and it was awful.
Reply 3
I found the first "lecture" quite entertaining. Not so sure about the second one though.
Ah you should have said at the weekend, I had a clear out and ripped those booklets to shreds before I put them in the bin. With great pleasure I might add :biggrin:
Reply 5
olliemccowan
Ah you should have said at the weekend, I had a clear out and ripped those booklets to shreds before I put them in the bin. With great pleasure I might add :biggrin:

*cries*
Reply 6
Mine is up for grabs but you have to wait for a few weeks cus it's at home back in Bristol ^^
Reply 7
i think i missed this whole booklet thing... where do we get it? is it online somewhere? printing it's *******s, howcome for ec102 and ac100 they were able to give us loads of paper in handy booklets but the stats people can't?

anyway, i want to kill those ***** sitting at the back in the centre or to the right who were talking all the way through one lecture... and that ****ing girl with her ****ing annoying laugh!!
Reply 8
alisama
i think i missed this whole booklet thing... where do we get it? is it online somewhere? printing it's *******s, howcome for ec102 and ac100 they were able to give us loads of paper in handy booklets but the stats people can't?

anyway, i want to kill those ***** sitting at the back in the centre or to the right who were talking all the way through one lecture... and that ****ing girl with her ****ing annoying laugh!!

I think you have ****ing issues with the ****.
For those of us in the 2nd and 3rd year...didn't we pay for the ST102 pack anyways? Or was it the MA100 pack? You'll be glad to know that they're more generous by the time you get to the 2nd year.

Printing off ST102 would be a pain though because its massive, its thicker than the EC102, AC100 and MA100 packs put together I think. If you can pay a few quid for it then probably go ahead since it'd take a good hour or two to print off that entire pack even when using the laser printers in the library. (time spent opening and closing files) If you want to print them off, the lecture notes and videos are all in the webct. Those lecture videos should be the ones they recorded last year.

I have my pack, but I need it to revise stats for econometrics.

As for the people sitting at the back causing a ruckus...just sit further up front. Same thing happens every year as far as I'm concerned (Baller walked out of the lecture once because students weren't respectful) so yeah...up front is the place to be. There's no point sitting that far back anyways unless you want to sleep.
Yeah and also the amount of money it would cost to print off those booklets would be absolutely huge. The Stats department are making a loss selling those booklets to you so just be grateful :p:

And yeah we had to pay for it too. As well as paying for the answers to past exam papers in the Maths department, tight bastards lol.
Reply 11
Seriously, ST102 lectures are ridiculous. Todays lecture was about standard deviation. He spent ages leading up to it and then complained at the fact people were leaving his lecture.

Does ST102 have anything different from S1-3, because the lecturer is the most boring person ever.
Reply 12
ghost101
Seriously, ST102 lectures are ridiculous. Todays lecture was about standard deviation. He spent ages leading up to it and then complained at the fact people were leaving his lecture.

Does ST102 have anything different from S1-3, because the lecturer is the most boring person ever.

I fell asleep and missed that bit, oh well.
Reply 13
JBacon
I fell asleep and missed that bit, oh well.

Today I was mostly listening to my iPod with my feet up at the back, making penis jokes about his drawing of histograms and commenting on the similarities between the A-ha Take On Me video and the bits where he put his hands under the projector making weird shadows on the page. And yes, we basically always sit at the back left for MA100 and ST102 and shout out "Art Attack" a lot when the lecturer draws on the projector.
Reply 14
What annoyed me today when Balmer complained about people leaving was that the lecture should have finished a good five minutes before... they're meant to finish at five to the hour and start five minutes past the hour. Instead he blithers on about salaries and we end up late for everything.
Reply 15
zxczxc
Today I was mostly listening to my iPod with my feet up at the back, making penis jokes about his drawing of histograms and commenting on the similarities between the A-ha Take On Me video and the bits where he put his hands under the projector making weird shadows on the page. And yes, we basically always sit at the back left for MA100 and ST102 and shout out "Art Attack" a lot when the lecturer draws on the projector.

And i would have missed it due to being asleep. A good reason to stay awake i guess, i also manage to lose my phone(havent got it back yet) due to falling asleep.
Reply 16
JBacon
And i would have missed it due to being asleep. A good reason to stay awake i guess, i also manage to lose my phone(havent got it back yet) due to falling asleep.

Well, our immaturity knows no bounds, so if we aren't shouting out "Moby!" during EC102, it'll definitely be "Art Attack!" or something during stats.
ghost101

ST102 does move beyond S1-S3...but that doesn't happen till the Lent term. The entire first term is a breeze, so sit back and relax. :p:
when does it move past s2? i can't believe he spent an hour on the least squares regression line ??? hes so rubbish it's ridiculous
lizzielizzie
when does it move past s2? i can't believe he spent an hour on the least squares regression line ??? hes so rubbish it's ridiculous

The first term is very simple, that's the beauty of it. It's the second term when you start doing the S4-S6 stuff. Don't worry too much about the first term though, if you can do the homeworks then you're fine.

Latest

Trending

Trending