scaphrax
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Basically I got two unconditional offers from reading and royal holloway for a year in industry in computer science, was originally hands down gonna go to qm but got rejected from them.

I heard that royal holloway is literally in the middle of nowhere, a place called egham....a countryside and I looked at the uni itself and the course it offers, and I just get this feeling that there is gonna be a lot of posh prats in rhul, and i really really hate that. Also compared to reading, royal holloway doesnt really offer a wide variety of courses, and i think there would be a more better or bigger variety of people in bigger unis
Viclouise14
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I live slap bang in the middle of Royal Holloway and Reading. Don't be deceived, Royal Holloway is far from in the middle of no where!

Yes you won't see the nightlife you would if you were to go to somewhere like Birmingham, but neither would you if you were to go to Reading. It depends what your after. Egham is a very short distance from Windsor, Kingston and is only half an hour on the train to London.

Hope this helps a little bit with the countryside part (it's definitely not in the countryside either)

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (98)
13.73%
I'm not sure (32)
4.48%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (223)
31.23%
I have already dropped out (17)
2.38%
I'm not a current university student (344)
48.18%

Watched Threads