Turn on thread page Beta

Confident girls Vs Shy girls watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    yeah, because every girl with a shred of confidence is a cheating tart, and every girl who finds it difficult to engage in coversation with strangers is trustworthy and loyal :rolleyes:. tard.
    :ditto:

how does confident = cheat??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by General Mullet)
    Shy girls for me, I like the challenge of bringing them out of their shell and revealing who they really are. Over confident girls like to play games and generally take the piss, can't be doing with that myself.
    That's a nice way of putting it.

ReputationRep:
    A bit of both, no so shy they arent interesting, but not so confident they think there god's gift

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_chauffeur)
    Shy girls all the way. Theres just better trust that she won't cheat. Us guys really go for security over tarts
    I'm confident and i would never cheat on a guy, just on principle. I'm also not a tart, i just am not embarassed about what I want to say.

I think when guys think of confident girls they think of ladettes, loud girls, and arrogant girls. Some people aren't like taht but are comfortable in themselves and would consider themselves confident.

Also shy doesn't neccesarily mean the demure, quiet girl. I know some deeply insecure people who put on a mask of extreme confidence that really ends up putting guys off. And some quiet girls are confident, they just don't feel they have to share their opinions all the time.

meh, my two cents. Perhaps not that releavent.

ReputationRep:
    ya there are quiet girls who are confident..

ReputationRep:
    I'm not exactly a shy person, but i'd NEVER even dream of cheating, you can't stereotype people like that... it's always the quiet ones...

ReputationRep:
    Withought a doubt i prefer shy girls.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a really shy person and I've got my first boyfriend at 18 (tho started dating couple months before my 18th) and he has helped me a lot. Particularly around him I'm not that shy anymore and in general I have gained confidence.

ReputationRep:
    When i think of confident girls i do think of loud, brash, ladettes - but obviously there are different kinds of confidence.

Im quiet a lot of the time and by no means confident, and have pretty damn low self esteem, but in certain situations when speaking to people or a crowd, i can be outspoken since i know what im talking about.

Would a quiet but confident girl go and speak to a complete stranger she liked the look of in a club/pub etc ? Surely the nature of being quiet is not to be talking or looking to talk constantly ? Or am i missing something?

Plus, some quietly confident people are up themselves completely! They know they dont need to be loud to get attention so they dont bother.

(Not a girl btw)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evil-Tuna)
    confident girls remind me of the ruthless capitalist economic system. and being a marxist i object deeply.
    :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    I can't imagine anything sexier than an incredibly stunning young lady that is shy. Maybe because I'm so cripplingly shy with women

ReputationRep:
    Somehow, prefering shy girls seems like a bit of an evolutionary dead end... after all, one is less likely to find one's perfect partner because she's blending in with the wallpaper.

ReputationRep:
    i like confident girls..

Is it just that some blokes find shy girls more easy to dominate than those with confidence? Because I can't really see why anyone would want to be with someone who just hides away inside themselves all the time otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Is it just that some blokes find shy girls more easy to dominate than those with confidence? Because I can't really see why anyone would want to be with someone who just hides away inside themselves all the time otherwise.
    You could have a valid point! I believe that some men like to have total control and power over girls, so they would obviously opt for shy girls! as some men automatically in my opinion anyway just assume that shy girls will be less tarty and much easier to dominate but that is'nt always the case!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No, but shy guys will obviously be more comfortable around shy girls. Also, why the Anon?

ReputationRep:
    I insert a follow-up question:
    do confident girls have wilder sex?

I think "shy girls" can really turn into animals in bed once they gained your confidence.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldnt it be easier if u had done a poll?

ReputationRep:
    I'd prefer a confident girl, someone who wouldn't hesitate to speak her mind and put me in my place

ReputationRep:
    Inbetween is perfect..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 18, 2006
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.