How much should I be writing for A2 history essays?

Watch this thread
Grantland
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
My A2 history teacher is kinda useless when it comes to feedback on essay length, or if I've covered the question enough, so I'm left wondering how much is the average amount.

Typically I write about 1000 words, 2-3 pages, including a conclusion and introduction. Is this enough? What should I be aiming for?
Airmed
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
How many marks is your essay? Is it a source based essay?
EloiseStar
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Grantland)
My A2 history teacher is kinda useless when it comes to feedback on essay length, or if I've covered the question enough, so I'm left wondering how much is the average amount.

Typically I write about 1000 words, 2-3 pages, including a conclusion and introduction. Is this enough? What should I be aiming for?
Have they not told you a length required? It's totally dependent on the piece of work. One of the ones I had was 1500 but another was 3000. It varied between task.
KingStannis
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
For my Tudors A2 exam (edexcel) it's detailed introduction/conclusion, 4 pages, 2000 words.
Grantland
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
It's Edexcel and I'm not totally sure how many marks they're meant to be. I'm pretty sure this exam practise for 30 mark exam questions, but I'm not sure.
anonwinner
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I'm doing AQA history and the questions are 45 marks, in the exam you're expected to write 2 45 mark answers in 90 minutes. I don't really know how long they have to be either (our teacher never told us).
citydeer
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
For our A2 themes paper (OCR) we are expected to write about 4/5 sides for each essay!
KingStannis
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
For the 30 marks what i said, plus 5 historians views on the topic, lay out the definitions, criteria and structure of your argument in the introduction, and show how your conclusion conforms to it in the conclusion.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (121)
41.58%
Not yet, but I will soon (54)
18.56%
No (116)
39.86%

Watched Threads