The Student Room Group

Forgetting to bring my proof of UMS to the interview

EMERGENT!!!!

I just found out that I totally forgot to ask for my proof of UMS at school and it's now Saturday already, my interview will be early next Monday.... does it matter if I told them I forgot to bring it to Cambridge and promised to send them asap???

Or what can I do to really deal with this???

PLEASE HELPPPPP!!!!
Sorry, no more university for you. You're going to be stacking shelves for the rest of your life.
Email your school asking if there's anything they can send you by email. Email the admissions tutor at the college you've applied to and explain the situation, asking whether there's anything you can do or how you can send them this proof after your interview. Chances are that if you can send it later in the week it won't be too much trouble - they'll be interviewing all next week.
Reply 3
Original post by Dilzo999
Sorry, no more university for you. You're going to be stacking shelves for the rest of your life.

What do u mean? If it's a joke then it's really a bad one and if you mean it, can you just be polite and not to say anything.... I am really panicking and I just want somebody to help!
Original post by BABBBBBBBBBY
EMERGENT!!!!

I just found out that I totally forgot to ask for my proof of UMS at school and it's now Saturday already, my interview will be early next Monday.... does it matter if I told them I forgot to bring it to Cambridge and promised to send them asap???

Or what can I do to really deal with this???

PLEASE HELPPPPP!!!!

I really doubt you'll reach your school before then. Email your school but it's unlikely they'll get back to you in time. Probably worth emailing the admissions tutor at Cambridge but I also doubt you'll get a response before then. Having said that, I don't think this will ruin your application, it's just not particularly impressive from the organisational side of things...
Reply 5
Original post by Rob da Mop
Email your school asking if there's anything they can send you by email. Email the admissions tutor at the college you've applied to and explain the situation, asking whether there's anything you can do or how you can send them this proof after your interview. Chances are that if you can send it later in the week it won't be too much trouble - they'll be interviewing all next week.

But will they just think that I am not serious on the interview so I just forgot this kind of thing-- I actually am but there were so many things going on, I have to prepare for BMO and also the interview and I just forgot the proof of UMS..... T^T I really don't mean to although I know it's my own problem and I really shouldn't have done this....
Reply 6
Original post by Chlorophile
I really doubt you'll reach your school before then. Email your school but it's unlikely they'll get back to you in time. Probably worth emailing the admissions tutor at Cambridge but I also doubt you'll get a response before then. Having said that, I don't think this will ruin your application, it's just not particularly impressive from the organisational side of things...

I know... that's the problem T^T

And I know I shouldn't really have done this it's just ridiculous....
I am just worrying that they might just deselect me because they might think I am just not serious about the interview at all
I know... that's the problem T^T

And I know I shouldn't really have done this it's just ridiculous....
I am just worrying that they might just deselect me because they might think I am just not serious about the interview at all

I very much doubt that they'll reject an otherwise excellent candidate (if you are) just because they forgot a sheet of paper :P
Reply 8
Original post by Chlorophile
I very much doubt that they'll reject an otherwise excellent candidate (if you are) just because they forgot a sheet of paper :P

Thanks.... I don't know whether or not I am excellent in their criteria but I just hope that they won't judge me on that so I will still have a chance T^T
But will they just think that I am not serious on the interview so I just forgot this kind of thing-- I actually am but there were so many things going on, I have to prepare for BMO and also the interview and I just forgot the proof of UMS..... T^T I really don't mean to although I know it's my own problem and I really shouldn't have done this....

The worst thing you can do is panic and end up getting there and not knowing what to do - email people and see what happens.

I doubt it will count against you. If handing things in late got you chucked out of Cambridge then I'd be out so many times because of supervision essays!
thanks T^T
Original post by Rob da Mop
The worst thing you can do is panic and end up getting there and not knowing what to do - email people and see what happens.

I doubt it will count against you. If handing things in late got you chucked out of Cambridge then I'd be out so many times because of supervision essays!

Thanks T^T

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending