The Student Room Group

How many ucas points do I have? Calculations please

I dont know how the system works! I imputed them in the ucas calculator but it came up with ridiculous numbers!

For or my AS levels:
A in Biology
A in sociology
A in English Lit
Distinction in Btec business.

For A2 I am predicted:
A* In Bio
A* in English lit
A* in Sociology

I will have dropped Btec business by then. If I also do another As level (say something like politics and get an A) then how much would my ucas points be all together?

Thanks
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by bil_4l
I dont know how the system works! I imputed them in the ucas calculator but it came up with ridiculous numbers!

For or my AS levels:
A in Biology
A in sociology
A in English Lit
Distinction in Btec business.

For A2 I am predicted:
A* In Bio
A* in English lit
A* in Sociology

I will have dropped Btec business by then. If I also do another As level (say something like politics and get an A) then how much would my ucas points be all together?

Thanks

For the AS levels (not including the BTEC), you've got 180 UCAS points. If those predictions come true, you'd have 420 UCAS points (again, not including the BTEC). I'm not entirely sure how UCAS points work for BTECs, do you know the exact name of the qualification? If that's a BTEC QCF certificate the D in BTEC Business would be worth an extra 60 points.
Reply 2
Original post by Chlorophile
For the AS levels (not including the BTEC), you've got 180 UCAS points. If those predictions come true, you'd have 420 UCAS points (again, not including the BTEC). I'm not entirely sure how UCAS points work for BTECs, do you know the exact name of the qualification? If that's a BTEC QCF certificate the D in BTEC Business would be worth an extra 60 points.

Yes I checked and it's 60 points, if I do an additional AS in year 13 how much would that make?
Original post by bil_4l
Yes I checked and it's 60 points, if I do an additional AS in year 13 how much would that make?

If you got A*A*A* at A2 with the BTEC and with an extra AS Level at grade A, that'd be 540 UCAS points.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending