Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've just logged on and cannot believe how many have replied to this thread! I think there night be a difference between Freshers Flu *note spelling correction thanks to dutiful poster who corrected me earlier * and Actual flu because on that Monday lecture it was mainly those who live in that were ill with it, me and my friends who commute are all fine so far, although we'll proabaly catch something with all the germs floating round the lecture room! So I think it's something to do with the residential students caining it on the beer for two weeks and then burning out, it's got to catch up with you at some point!

Hope those suffering are feeling a little better, at least you've had a good enough time to make it worth catching it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pippak)
    :eek: How can you say that?? Squeeze half a lemon, add hot water to the juice then about four teaspoons of sugar and tell me it's yucky. It's the one good thing about being all ill!
    Lol, OK, I pictured you sticking a bottle of schweppes in the micro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nessyfencer)
    Lol, OK, I pictured you sticking a bottle of schweppes in the micro.
    Lol, that made me giggle.

Just got rid of the freshers flu. Fingers crossed.

It's scary how many ill people there are.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a runny nose or anything, but my throat is itching constantly and driving me mad! Do I have the flu?! I don't want it! NO NO NO!

ReputationRep:
    OMG, I feel really, really bad

ReputationRep:
    i have it..not good! :| ive had lots of lemsip, beechams, vitamin C and i'm still ill :|

ReputationRep:
    I just want to sleep but can't because I have done so much of it today. I'm too hot one min and too cold the next.

*Hugs Hana* Sucks, don't it?

ReputationRep:
    aye it does *hugs back*

and what makes it worse is the thought that i have so much work to do!! i cannot read plato and make sense of the republic whilst ill! he barely makes any sense to me when i'm healthy!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    lol - i guess this is just a vicious cycle! i got it now its gone - but i get the sneaky suspicion that it is back for revenge!

ReputationRep:
    Had a cold for about a week now.

*cries*

ReputationRep:
    I've been at uni for 4 weeks now and for about 3 of them i've had a bad cold. The last week ive been feeling even worse (throat /eye infection) so ive been to the doctors and now im on medication. The majority of people I know though have had a cold since they started uni.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people i know have got it/have had it. I was sadly one of the victims

ReputationRep:
    I think what I've got is Freshers' Flu, the symptoms being feeling very tired and dizzy, sore throat, throwing up, a temperature, no appetite, sniffley nose, and general lack of being able to do anything. And I have two essays due in this week. Brilliant!

ReputationRep:
    I've got it bad, it almost feels like proper flu!

ReputationRep:
    Everyone on our floor has had it - we've all been throwing up quite a lot and generally being ill, but most people seem to be over it now. I got over the throwing up bit at the weekend but now I feel like I've got a really really bad cold which is annoying as I have so much work to do and I was planning on going out tonight

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've got it... I'm a third year and have managed to catch it every October! It's the one thing I won't miss about uni! :P

ReputationRep:
    One of my flatmates just had it really bad, and now I've developed a slight sniffle and I'm sneezing. I fear I may be in the early stages of freshers flu. Or more likely the dreaded lurgy.

ReputationRep:
    I got Freshers Flu this year... a year late!!!

ReputationRep:
    I've got it for the second time! First time it wasn't soooo bad now it's terrible! Back to the doctors again though, hopefully give me proper medicine!

Ohhhh and I loved the people who were like, "I never get ill!" Then two days later can't sleep due to it!!

ReputationRep:
    I've got the flu. Can't stop coughing. I hate getting sick. It's so disgusting.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.