The Student Room Group
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

Anyone studying Fashion BA at Leeds Beckett in 2015?

I just attended my interview with Leeds Beckett for Fashion Design and got an offer. After talking with some of the girls who currently study there and meeting the team and touring the facilities it seems like a really good place to study and has moved up to my first choice!

My only concern is that the course is so new (one years old) and i'm not sure if that will limit what the university and course can do for me in comparison to other universities.

But at the same time from what i saw the standard is just as high as all the other universities i've seen, and the energy and atmosphere was buzzing!

It's a bit of a risk i guess to jump into a course so new, but I really like the place!

Is anyone else studying Fashion BA there next year or applying? I want to know your thoughts!
Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses. :redface:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h: It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. :h: Hope this helps! :h:
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds
Hi I have applied for Fashion course at LB too. But I am still waiting them responding, so worry now :frown:
When did you send off your ucas?
What questions did you being asked in the interview?
I'm also applying but waiting for a reply. When did you send off your UCAS application? I'm so nervous about the whole thing!
Original post by Ashlee_le
Hi I have applied for Fashion course at LB too. But I am still waiting them responding, so worry now :frown:
When did you send off your ucas?
What questions did you being asked in the interview?

I sent my Ucas off in the first week of november! So i'm sure they will respond soon!

The questions i was asked were things like;
-why do you want to study at LB
-why do you want to study fashion design
-what do you want to do in the future
-what are your strengths
-what are your weaknesses
-what could you bring to the course

And then general questions about my portfolio!
Original post by danimeatsix
I'm also applying but waiting for a reply. When did you send off your UCAS application? I'm so nervous about the whole thing!

I sent my ucas of early in the first week of november! honestly don't be worried at all the interviewers are so easy going!
Original post by Jacklynnmelb
I just attended my interview with Leeds Beckett for Fashion Design and got an offer. After talking with some of the girls who currently study there and meeting the team and touring the facilities it seems like a really good place to study and has moved up to my first choice!

My only concern is that the course is so new (one years old) and i'm not sure if that will limit what the university and course can do for me in comparison to other universities.

But at the same time from what i saw the standard is just as high as all the other universities i've seen, and the energy and atmosphere was buzzing!

It's a bit of a risk i guess to jump into a course so new, but I really like the place!

Is anyone else studying Fashion BA there next year or applying? I want to know your thoughts!

I've got a place there too for 2015. I had the same concerns but I really loved it there. It seemed to have the best atmostphere and facilities of all the units I looked at :smile:
Just recieved my unconditional offer. I liked it but I'm sure the course has been changed a bit since I applied, and I'm concerned that it's a bit too much fashion design for me - I'm interested in both design and communications. I've applied for the college of art too and waiting for a response from them after my interview - I think I'll probably pick the college over LB if I get it purely because of how new it is and what the college had to offer!
I applied and got my unconditional offer about two weeks ago! I was a bit unsure as to whether or not I would firm it because it is such a new course but after all of my other interviews I think it's definitely the place for me!

Has anyone else firmed?
I applied for the fashion course too. Was worried about it as its a new course, I told them this in the interview and he said not to worry as the team had experience in the industry. I was offered a unconditional place and accepted it☺️ And have now just applied for the accomodation😁
Hi did any of you guys accept your offer at Leeds Beckett I've just got back from america and applied through clearing and got accepted
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending