SkeletonPeter
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm having trouble understanding the workings of a Class A amplifier mainly how it amplifies the AC signal. For instance this circuit It gets powered by a DC source then It goes into the voltage divider and powers the transistor? So when I apply an AC signal from a microphone how does it actually amplify the signal? If someone has a video they have used or can explain it would be helpful thanks.
Attached files
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SkeletonPeter)
I'm having trouble understanding the workings of a Class A amplifier mainly how it amplifies the AC signal. For instance this circuit It gets powered by a DC source then It goes into the voltage divider and powers the transistor? So when I apply an AC signal from a microphone how does it actually amplify the signal? If someone has a video they have used or can explain it would be helpful thanks.
Hello and welcome to TSR.

Can I ask what course (and year) you are studying please?

Before we can help you undertstand the operation of amplification using a class A format, have you understood how semiconductors work and specifically the constructon and operation of a bi-polar transistor?

You may want to go back and look at that first and then briefly explain your understanding here. It will help us to clarify how best to answer you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (99)
24.26%
No (309)
75.74%

Watched Threads