The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

HELP!- i have last minute urge to apply for university!!

HELP!- i have last minute urge to apply for university, i have a personal statement ready however i do not know the possible universities i can apply to.
Reason being- i have completed a AS vocational course(Applied business) first i got an-BC-
in addition, i am currently studying my second year (A2) Applied business predicted a BB -with an additional As -ICT-predicted a B
Please help me in regards to applying to a university that will offer me a place- i haven't got long to complete my UCAS so please reply ASAP (preferably a university within London-looking to study in the business management or business It field)
Original post by Wahaab21
HELP!- i have last minute urge to apply for university, i have a personal statement ready however i do not know the possible universities i can apply to.
Reason being- i have completed a AS vocational course(Applied business) first i got an-BC-
in addition, i am currently studying my second year (A2) Applied business predicted a BB -with an additional As -ICT-predicted a B
Please help me in regards to applying to a university that will offer me a place- i haven't got long to complete my UCAS so please reply ASAP (preferably a university within London-looking to study in the business management or business It field)

You really need to speak to your tutor or a teacher as they will help you! If you can't, then use the UCAS course finder, each result has links to uni sites that can tell you entrance requirements - but if in doubt just ring their admissions offices, the contact details of which should be easy to find by searching their sites.

http://search.ucas.com/search/providers?CountryCode=&RegionCode=103&Lat=&Lng=&Feather=&Vac=1&AvailableIn=2015&Query=Business+management&ProviderQuery=&AcpId=&Location=London&SubjectCode=

I've put a link on with results to 'business management' courses in London (ignore the random fashion results at the top) as an example of how helpful the site is. GOOD LUCK!
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Original post by Wahaab21

Hello!

Its great that you want to apply to go to university. It must be quite difficult getting enough information to help you choose which uni but I will try my best!

Reading is great for business related courses. The Henley Business School sort of has its own status which is widely recognised by employers. The building on campus was built a couple of years ago and is still relatively new and has some excellent facilities. For more information on the Henley Business School and the full list of courses click on here: http://www.henley.ac.uk/level/undergraduate/

As for the university itself, its on a lovely big green campus and you'll be spoilt for choice in terms of what things you can do and get involved in. There's a huge selection of societies, whatever takes your fancy really- photography, jitsu, baking, travel the list is endless! http://www.rusu.co.uk/activities/ . At the freshers fayre all the clubs and opportunities are spread over three days- the societies fayre, the sports fayre and the volunteering fayre.
The union also runs a karaoke night, pub quiz, comedy night and two club nights (the biggest night out in Reading) every week.

The support that is given by the university is great. I feel as if lecturers are very easy to approach if you have a problem with something. The university regularly runs workshops on wellbeing, career prospects and enhancing your skills. They also provide advice on finance which can be very useful.

The town itself is very nice. There are many restaurants, clubs, cafes, a big shopping centre and a cinema. Events such as live music, poetry slams and comedy nights regularly run. It has some great travel links which is useful for getting around the UK and is only half an hour from Paddington in London.

I hope this helps, do ask any more questions if you have them!
Pip, third year English Literature and History of Art :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending