The Student Room Group

How long do you revise for your A level subjects every night?

This is probably a dumb question, but I don't know when to start properly revising for may exams. If I start hard core revision now, I'll have 5 months to hopefully achieve A's/B's. But I get SO much homework, and after homework I really don't feel like revising. I don't really consider homework revision tbh.

I know I need to start revising early for A levels because for last year I started revising for gcse's 3 weeks before exams and got 5As 3Bs 1C which was abysmal compared to my targets of 6A* and 3As and of course TSR average grades
I take maths, biology, history and accounts btw

So when did you start revising and how long for to achieve the a level grades that you were pleased with?
For maths I just started doing past papers around this time and just increased the volume leading up to the exam. For history I did the same, just wrote essay after essay, each time we finished a chapter. I got good marks in both and was very happy. This way however, is only my preference and a lot of other people will have different ways of doing it.
Reply 2
Original post by zetamcfc
For maths I just started doing past papers around this time and just increased the volume leading up to the exam. For history I did the same, just wrote essay after essay, each time we finished a chapter. I got good marks in both and was very happy. This way however, is only my preference and a lot of other people will have different ways of doing it.

Yeah, I've started a few maths past papers, and I'm hoping to do all of them by the end of this month

Quick Reply

Latest