Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    congrats to those who got offers btw!!

ReputationRep:
    How many people have received offers so far? or think they will receive one, because interviews started pretty early, and finish at the end of this month, every Wednesday(i think) groups of 15-20. 120-150 applicants? about, i think they are being a bit stingy with the places, want to now more about offers though, they could be handing them out like candy .

probably more like 200+ applicants

ReputationRep:
    yes, a lot of students applied .... 200+

by the way,

do you like bournemouth campus?
    I like it! because I like playing football and there were quite big gym.

Good student union, modern interior, near the beach..............

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanghokim)
    yes, a lot of students applied .... 200+

by the way,

do you like bournemouth campus?
    I like it! because I like playing football and there were quite big gym.

Good student union, modern interior, near the beach..............
    i was disappointed with the campus actually, it seemed a little run down and a lot less modern that the other uni's I've seen, i like the beach though.

ReputationRep:
    yay big gym il be wanting that

did it have any music rooms / practic rooms? I wont stand not being without my drums / bass / guitar

I thought it was quite a nice place

ReputationRep:
    Hello, this month I have my interview at BU and I need some info about math test, if somebody from here has any test from older interview or an example from a question type.... please contact to me as soon as you can

ReputationRep:
    just read up a couple of pages for some info.....we dont have any examples but a bit of info is up here

ReputationRep:
    yeh thats all the help you would need, really wasn't that big of a deal, i haven't done maths since GCSE and i got through fine. I think these test were built up quite a bit mainly from those applying (me ) nerves i guess.

Just gonna focus on my choices now, and meeting the requirements.

Thanks all the people who helped during interviews and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Just checked Track, it updated on the 8th with a conditional offer from Bournemouth that I'm well on target to get. hope everyone else is getting what they want.

ReputationRep:
    i have my interview on the 5th of March at Bournemouth university. i am just wondering if someone has too. it is a little bit stange, because everywhere is written that the last interview is in February???

ReputationRep:
    Hey Con....
    what does your nickname mean?

Sorry I am curious...
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FIVE)
    Hey Con....
    what does your nickname mean?

Sorry I am curious...
    Cheers
    lol, its just the first three letters of my surname 'Constantinides' :p:

ReputationRep:
    Cool, thanks.

Just careful man, as in French that's not really a nice name.

Bye bye UK. I'm so happy I'm finally leaving this country!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAH.

ReputationRep:
    FIVE's absolutely mental.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanGrover)
    FIVE's absolutely mental.
    lol, true
    Con = Stupid in french i think??

i bought a back issue, of 3D World (issue 98 for alls those that would like to know), which has the training directory, where Bournemouth's NCCA course BA Computer Visualisation and Animation was voted no.1 for the UK and 8th in the world, with evidence of why.

It also has lots of other UK, USA/Canada etc courses, not just the top 10 in the UK, has some stuff about Herts and Teesides too, just ask if you want me to look up any info on a Uni or Institute.

ReputationRep:
    anyone got an interview for bournemouth on the 27th?

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest, who were rated top 10 in the world?
    Also what were the main reasons for rating Bournemouth No.1?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I'm gnna go ahead and guess that Vancouver was there, Cal-Arts were there and from europe at least Supinfocom and Gobbelins. Though Vancouver shouldn't really count, since it is basically just a masters course.

ReputationRep:
    Here is the the excel spreadsheet with the top 20 in the world on this is only based on the number of films the uni or course has had screened in festivals
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/wamdxq

.....but in the the UK/Ireland individual map Bournemouth is 1

2teeside
    3escape studios
    4UNI Newport
    5De Montfort UNI
    6Royale College of Art
    7 Media School Swansea
    8UNI Abertay Dundee
    9 National Film and TV school
    10Causeway Institute Londonderry

Again based on the amount of Films screened in UK and Ireland. Herts has been given a very good review, and its connections with the industry are only rivaled by Bournemouth's BA Computer Visualisation and Animation, the only reason its not in the top 10 is because it does not submit enough films to the selected animation festivals.

Herts: " The University of Hertfordshire aims to be nothing less than the new model of a University for the 21st Century." Also Bradford looks good.

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview at 20th February and I had my answer very fast I must say, they accept me 5 days later. I am so happy now. ( I think i was the older in this interview, i hope no the older of the course
    Con: if your name is Constantinides, looks Greek like i am.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 12, 2018

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.