Best Universities for Computer Graphics/Animation? Watch

Deadfish41
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
read through the thread theres LOADS of info on the interview process at bournemouth.
PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Luxo)
Hello, Ive applied for this course at bournemouth too and i realllly want to get in, who else has applied? and whats your art and maths like? also to any current students how did you get through the interview?
Hi Luxo, I've applied to Bournemouth, just rejected 3 other interviews because it's the only place I want to go really. I think my art portfolio will be fine, I just need to do more life drawing. I haven't done any maths since GCSE except for a small amount in Geography, so I suppose I'll have to revise that a bit and look at some of the AS syllabus. Where else have you applied?
Luxo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher)
Hi Luxo, I've applied to Bournemouth, just rejected 3 other interviews because it's the only place I want to go really. I think my art portfolio will be fine, I just need to do more life drawing. I haven't done any maths since GCSE except for a small amount in Geography, so I suppose I'll have to revise that a bit and look at some of the AS syllabus. Where else have you applied?
Helloo, well i've only applied to bournemouth route A. Its kind of the only place i want to go to too. My route B is applying for art foundation. This is for if i dont get into bournemouth so I have something to fall back on and then maybe re-apply next year but i really want to get in! Im doing applied art in school and i've taken up maths AS this year just incase but im really bad under exam condition so if i get an interview i need to practice Ive done quite a bit of life-drawing because of my art course but so has most other people anyway. I haven't got an interiew yet and getting quite anxious, have you? I've just had acknowledgements so far.
SuperhansFavouriteAlsatian
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Luxo)
Helloo, well i've only applied to bournemouth route A. Its kind of the only place i want to go to too. My route B is applying for art foundation. This is for if i dont get into bournemouth so I have something to fall back on and then maybe re-apply next year but i really want to get in! Im doing applied art in school and i've taken up maths AS this year just incase but im really bad under exam condition so if i get an interview i need to practice Ive done quite a bit of life-drawing because of my art course but so has most other people anyway. I haven't got an interiew yet and getting quite anxious, have you? I've just had acknowledgements so far.
With a name like that, you'll go far!
PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Luxo)
I've not got an interview yet either, I'm glad the Bournemouth ones are in Jan/Feb though because I'd be nowhere near prepared now. I think it's strange Herts is the only place I haven't heard from yet, unless the others were just pretty early.
Luxo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DanGrover)
With a name like that, you'll go far!

are you being sarcastic
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Luxo)
are you being sarcastic
No!

(That ^ wasn't sarcasm either!)
Luxo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DanGrover)
No!

(That ^ wasn't sarcasm either!)

lol ok
PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got a letter today saying I've been invited for an interview at Bournemouth on Jan 14th

So relieved I wasn't just deemed unsuccessful through by application. Anyone else got one yet?
Luxo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got a letter today saying I've been invited for an interview at Bournemouth on Jan 14th

So relieved I wasn't just deemed unsuccessful through by application. Anyone else got one yet?
Hey, I got that letter today too i have an interview on that day too, you live near there?
PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Luxo)
Hey, I got that letter today too i have an interview on that day too, you live near there?
Cool

I live near Liverpool so I'll have to plan my 5 hour train journey which I'm not looking forward to, how far away are you? How are you finding the AS Maths btw? I wanted to take that up this year but I couldn't coz it clashed on my timetable with Art.
Luxo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Cool

I live near Liverpool so I'll have to plan my 5 hour train journey which I'm not looking forward to, how far away are you? How are you finding the AS Maths btw? I wanted to take that up this year but I couldn't coz it clashed on my timetable with Art.
Really? yeah its pretty good, its like a bit more advanced from gcse and the questions are worded so wierdly sometimes its hard to know what youre bein asked to do. if i was you grab an AS C1 theory book or something online and revise a bit. Im in london so its like a 3-4 hour drive i think but i reckon i'd be going the day before. how's your life drawing?
cookiejar
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Luxo)
:O do you have an interview at BU?
I dunno D: What I've received so far is that there would be a external moderator here in Hong Kong and I would sit the exam externally; what I don't get is if I'd do the whole life drawing exam They've stated that they want me to take a 'logic' exam but no info on the rest so I'm sort of squeamish about it. I know I could take do the logic and math exam externally, but life drawing? I don't think so - talk about awkward!

As far as I know, I think (actually I'm not sure lol) Out of my school (180 peeps graduating this year :P) I'm the only one scheduled for a BU exam, even though I know several others applying for BU (some on the course, and some off) But honestly, I'm not sure if I can really handle an extra exam; I've got my IB mocks in Jan and am so far behind in my exhibition for art :eek: So... I really don't know. I'm still waiting on their reply to my email, but its not guaranteed.
cookiejar
Report 10 years ago
Oh by the way, is receiving a generic 'Happy Birthday' a bad or a good thing? I only really know of one other person who received one from a university and got rejected the next week. Am I being superstitious and overanalysing this or not?
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by cookiejar)
Oh by the way, is receiving a generic 'Happy Birthday' a bad or a good thing? I only really know of one other person who received one from a university and got rejected the next week. Am I being superstitious and overanalysing this or not?
Haha, chill out. I don't think sending you a birthday card is a pre-requisite for them rejecting you.
Luxo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by cookiejar)
I dunno D: What I've received so far is that there would be a external moderator here in Hong Kong and I would sit the exam externally; what I don't get is if I'd do the whole life drawing exam They've stated that they want me to take a 'logic' exam but no info on the rest so I'm sort of squeamish about it. I know I could take do the logic and math exam externally, but life drawing? I don't think so - talk about awkward!

As far as I know, I think (actually I'm not sure lol) Out of my school (180 peeps graduating this year :P) I'm the only one scheduled for a BU exam, even though I know several others applying for BU (some on the course, and some off) But honestly, I'm not sure if I can really handle an extra exam; I've got my IB mocks in Jan and am so far behind in my exhibition for art :eek: So... I really don't know. I'm still waiting on their reply to my email, but its not guaranteed.

I have my interview now too on the 14th on january. Good luck with your test, i take it you're from hong kong?
PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Luxo)
Really? yeah its pretty good, its like a bit more advanced from gcse and the questions are worded so wierdly sometimes its hard to know what youre bein asked to do. if i was you grab an AS C1 theory book or something online and revise a bit. Im in london so its like a 3-4 hour drive i think but i reckon i'd be going the day before. how's your life drawing?
I've not done a lot of life (figurative) drawing, just bits as part of my Unit 4 for A level, I'm gonna start practising at the end of next week when all my coursework has to be handed in. I'm going to be terrified at the interview though, I've never been part of an actual life drawing class with a model.
From what I've read in this thread it will involve doing 30 second sketches while the model is moving too? :eek:
Luxo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've not done a lot of life (figurative) drawing, just bits as part of my Unit 4 for A level, I'm gonna start practising at the end of next week when all my coursework has to be handed in. I'm going to be terrified at the interview though, I've never been part of an actual life drawing class with a model.
From what I've read in this thread it will involve doing 30 second sketches while the model is moving too? :eek:

ive done that in life drawing before. they dont expect you to draw the model moving lol, its about how you express the movement on the paper. dont be afraid of your pencil
cookiejar
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Luxo)
I have my interview now too on the 14th on january. Good luck with your test, i take it you're from hong kong?
Haha, yes, obvious much? Anyway, I did my exam a few days ago and am sending in my portfolio in this week. Good luck on your upcoming interview
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Anyone fancy showing off their portfolios? It'd be lovely to see what you are all applying with.

I think somewhere in this thread I linked to the paper-based portfolio that I applied with 3 years ago. It was so, so awful!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (529)
80.27%
Leave (130)
19.73%

Watched Threads