The Student Room Group

Best Universities for Computer Graphics/Animation?

Scroll to see replies

lol...trust the maths wasnt all that hard....the logic was jus confusing had 2 really think and life drawing was kl if uve done it b4.

my interview was real inform...jus showed my work...we were chattin bout the course, then our lives n jus laughin really...

I was scared but trust you'll do fine. ill post as few questins i cn remember
Reply 421
@Tashan
you haven't done maths since GCSE and it wasn't that hard? thats kinda good i havent either. ill do some bitesize..
what were the logic questions like? how can you get better at logic. hmm..
Sorry People Taking Down The Exams Questions Man...just In Case Staff From The Uni Come On Here & See...you Never Know...sorry!

If You Want Em Jus Pm Me.

Good Luck
orb
@Tashan
you haven't done maths since GCSE and it wasn't that hard? thats kinda good i havent either. ill do some bitesize..
what were the logic questions like? how can you get better at logic. hmm..

yh it wasnt as hard as i expected...but have to know all the tan, cos and sin values for the first question...i culdnt remebr em lol

yh jus revise that what i did

Logic lol i dunno...play cluedo :biggrin: see if they got any online logic test but really its just 50/50. there are only 3 questions in the logic test...2 of em are real lenghty in wording and the other is jus simple but confusing.
Reply 424
yeah i saw you said you guessed on some of the maths quesitons lol
wow thankyou so much for the info!
so the life drawing part you have to be quick then, 10 seconds pose :O
I will do lots of logic tests today
(cant believe lunch isnt provided lol)
orb
yeah i saw you said you guessed on some of the maths quesitons lol
wow thankyou so much for the info!
so the life drawing part you have to be quick then, 10 seconds pose :O
I will do lots of logic tests today
(cant believe lunch isnt provided lol)

Lol yh
Welcome man...Jus doing the tesco flex (EVERY LITTLE HELPS)
Life drawing you got some longer poses then they cut down to shorter ones...but the lady explains what she is looking for and the short pose times are what she decides....so be prepared of 10, 20, 30 seconds aswell as 1 minute and 2 minute cus she'll just throw out what she feels.

Hope this helps and goog luk
Reply 426
lol every little does help it is a true saying.
what type of things did you have in your portfolio? im not sure what they want to see, i did film production so, i dont have paintings or 3d models :frown:

everyone keeps saying good luck (thankyou btw) and you'll be fine but i feel.. like...excited and petrified at the same time.
good luck on getting an offer!
:biggrin:

In my portfolio I had a couple mounted boards of storyboards and characters that I had to do for college. Also a still-life drawing A1 of a skeleton. Some character design sheets showing the process I did. One of my AS Graphic Design folders (drawing of the natrual world) showing drawings of animals and plants etc....and then finally some A1 life drawings from life drawing classes i been going to...a few of erm showed my 2 minute gesture drawing.

On my laptop I had a small test animation of this robot Im working on for my FMP.

AeroBall Block Test - Tell me what you think

Basically I was just tryna show that I could draw and knew how to make up stories.
I had no 3d work or full painting cuz i ddnt do art. As long as you show you can draw im sure you'll get through...Although I was interview by a laid back programmer so you know lol

For an art person myt be different. Ask Dan for tips if you need to get some artwork together.

Hola
orb when do you have your interview? mines on the 11th of february. me im excited about the day of it. ha but the lunch break! im going to be like lindsay lohan on mean girls eating lunch in the toilet cos i dont have any one to spend the hour with.

my portfolio is ok but theres only a handful of pages that im proud of. but otherwise. im sure i should be orite.
Maths Updated Check It Out
Reply 430
@Tashan

That animation was awesome! you'll definitly get in with that. i am working on some animations now, but there 2d, im not sure how to do 3d. "I had no 3d work" - but you had a 3d animation right?
i didnt do art either.. so i dont have paintings. i have drawings though :smile:
Sounds like you had alot of drawings, did you bring lots or just your best few?
I guess bringing in scripts and storyboards for films would be a good idea too.

@Ashtonised
I have mine on the 4th (sisters birthday) so ive asked them to postpone it to the 11th or 18th.
I've been in a daze the whole day, making stupid mistakes lol.
If they move it back to the 11th then dont stay in the toilet otherwise i'll be alone, like donkey out of shrek.
Reply 431
how do i check the maths update Tashan?
orb
how do i check the maths update Tashan?

ill highlight em so you can see what I added
Reply 433
oh Im slow, I see - dont worry about highlighting, unless you already have lol
this is really jogging my memory
orb
@Tashan

That animation was awesome! you'll definitly get in with that. i am working on some animations now, but there 2d, im not sure how to do 3d. "I had no 3d work" - but you had a 3d animation right?

i didnt do art either.. so i dont have paintings. i have drawings though :smile:
Sounds like you had alot of drawings, did you bring lots or just your best few?
I guess bringing in scripts and storyboards for films would be a good idea too.

by 3D I meant like sculptures...like what people do on art foundation lol...what I had was CGI :biggrin:

Bring all your drawings....I just brough all my drawings wether good or bad because it shows progression. Obviously bring more of ur best than worst but bring a few wack ones to show ur getting better and your becoming more visually aware....The love life drawing man.

I think storyboards n a few brief scripts will do u good cuz the film aspect and narrative.
Reply 435
ahh, yeah i dont either, somebody uploaded their old portfolio.. he had 3d max stuff, like chairs and guns all modelled in the program. and life drawings of peoples body parts.
I'll focus on bringing life drawings, photos? it says photos are okay in the letter, my film showreel, and some animations, which are kinda bad semi-good mostly bad but it shows passion because i like doing it i just think i suck, cant even do 3d but yeah.... thanks for the tips Tashan!
If you thinks its good then bring it....As long as you can talk about it...I would bring it...but then again I could be wrong....PM Dan aka DeadFish and ask him.:biggrin:

btw Your Welcome, No Problem at all.

NEW MATHS UPDATE
Maths Update
Reply 438
Hey, congrats to all the guys that had their interview yesterday, it's nice to get some feedback so we know whats going on when we go, anyone got an interview for Bournemouth next week on the 4th ?

btw, Tashan in one of your questions you had 3^A * 3^B = 9^(A+B) but its 3^(A+B), my mate got 100% in it and he said that's what he put.

Thanks
Marink
Hey, congrats to all the guys that had their interview yesterday, it's nice to get some feedback so we know whats going on when we go, anyone got an interview for Bournemouth next week on the 4th ?

btw, Tashan in one of your questions you had 3^A * 3^B = 9^(A+B) but its 3^(A+B), my mate got 100% in it and he said that's what he put.

Thanks

oh yh thanks for that

Quick Reply

Latest