Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LetzRave)
    Yeah the faculty of the creative and cultural industries is located in the Art and Design building. Just head into the Art and Design building and you will basically walk into the Gallery/Cafe area then take a right after the counter and you will see the office. The person in the office will give you a form to fill out then head you down into the corridoor where there is seating and tables.

Hope that helps.

Oh and after that one of the tutors will take you to the building in wich the aanimation lecture will take place. (Y)

Good luck!
    To Ashtonished - This person's absolutely bang on the money. You want to get to Hatfield station - you can get there in 25 minutes from Kings Cross. You can get a bus from the station to uni, but I can't remember what one it is and they're slow as ****. For only about £4 you can just get a cab, ask to go round the front of College Lane campus, they'll take you right there. Won't take more than 5 minutes. You'll probably get dropped off right at the entrence. You'll see a massive yellow building on the left. Keep walking past it (with it on your left) and the very last building on your left will be the gallery (it's a 5 minute walk or so). It looks like a stereotypical gallery, really - glass front, filled with a load of crappy art installations. From there on, as LetzRave says.

Edit: I don't mean to sound pedantic, but it's Hertfordshire Uni (Or, more correctly, the University of Hertfordshire) - normally it wouldn't matter and I wouldn't care, but there is a place called Hertford (in Hertfordshire, annoyingly), and although there's not a university there, it might cause a bit of confusion in case anything goes wrong and you have to ask someone for directions! They might send you to Hertford!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanGrover)
    To Ashtonished - This person's absolutely bang on the money.
    Haha ^_^

Umm to answer you question.

I dont know the name of my interviewer...But out of the 3 he looked the youngest and had the shortest hair. He said he was from Devon. He did tell me his name but i have kinda forgot Was a couple weeks back now haha.

I still havnt heard anything back officialy about my offer, even though he did say i got a place.

I seriously cant wait though, the uni it self and the course looked very impressive (:

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmmm, that sounds like Matt I'd guess. To be honest, all the staff are nice as pie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanGrover)
    Hmmmmm, that sounds like Matt I'd guess. To be honest, all the staff are nice as pie.
    Yep, rings a bell thats for sure. Oh yeah definately. They were all really nice and explained the structure of the course really well.

What was your conditional offer like? Or did you get Un-Conditional?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LetzRave)
    Yep, rings a bell thats for sure. Oh yeah definately. They were all really nice and explained the structure of the course really well.

What was your conditional offer like? Or did you get Un-Conditional?
    It was conditional but it was retardedly low. Only 200 UCAS points, from what I remember. Not even from "three 6-unit awards" or whatever - literally just the points. So I'd met my offer just from my AS's. Needless to say, I did very little work in upper 6th!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woemogget)
    I talked to this guy, I think his name was Jonathan? Because we were both late, and then a girl with red hair??! And then me and this other girl couldn't find the toilets?? Are any of them you!?
    Ha ha no, none of them are me, but i do remember some people being late

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck All Those Who Got Interviews Today! :d

ReputationRep:
    awww thank you very much guys! yous have really helped sort me head out lots!
    Im more clearer now

im thinking of traveling the same day as the interview as its at 2 in the after noon it gives me time to get a train at 7 and be on time.

IF the trains are runnning good/there are no delays ect etc.

ReputationRep:
    Had my interview at Bournemouth today, went okay I feel, was quite a good crowd of people, no idea how the interview went my drawings seemed really poor compared to other people's, just hope my maths got me in,
    anyone else have an interview there today ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marink)
    Had my interview at Bournemouth today, went okay I feel, was quite a good crowd of people, no idea how the interview went my drawings seemed really poor compared to other people's, just hope my maths got me in,
    anyone else have an interview there today ?
    woah how many people ruffly were there?
    What artwork did you bring? Did you have any life drawing in your portfolio?

Hola

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if everyone went to interviews/viewings on their own, or with parents??

ReputationRep:
    on my own

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TashanLewis)
    woah how many people ruffly were there?
    What artwork did you bring? Did you have any life drawing in your portfolio?

Hola
    I think there were 18 people at my interview, a mix of art and techy.
    I brought lots of photography since I haven't done art since year 9 and took it for AS, and then I had about 10 or so life drawings (i took an evening class for 10 weeks last term), a build up of my learning curve for hands, a few sketches of a glass and can being crushed, a few portraits of people, come computer signatures for forums like this and that was it I think.
    So not very arty at all to be honest.

(Original post by dharmadoodle)
    Just wondering if everyone went to interviews/viewings on their own, or with parents??
    I went with my mum, she drove me down, then left for the Bournemouth interview, but at Hertfordshire she came in and her phone actually rang during a presentation, but yah, going with your parents is fine.

Btw, got an offer for Bournemouth

ReputationRep:
    I'm still in my first year of college but i'm looking all into this early, cos it's probably best.
    I'm more into 2D animation. So i was wondering what Uni would work best for me. Travels not a problem; heck i even asked to go to one in another country (mum shot me down like a lead balloon)...to expensive.

After reading all this, and knowing the reputations of the places. BU and Herts are both looking good.
    Although the BU course looks like it's gonna make my brain go ka-boom with all scripting and the maya stuff. I can barely use photo shop nya ^^

So far in my portfolio is all my GCSE work, and what ever drawings i've done my self. Although when my NDAD is finished my College work will be in there. I'm not sure what should be in it tough, Life drawings obviously; i have mostly drawings and painting, and a little bit of photography. But now my college work is adding lots more areas i haven't touched before, which should be really good.

Just a wonder, but how important is all your writing in sketch books? and 30 second life drawings XD I'll die if I get an interview...AS level maths too TT-TT I haven't touched math since high school X-x;

Sorry for the essay!! ^^ :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marink)
    Btw, got an offer for Bournemouth
    Well Done ...How'd you find out so quick? Most people before had to wait two weeks lol

ReputationRep:
    Well done Marink =D

ReputationRep:
    Yay I Got An Offer As Well:woo:

ReputationRep:
    w00t! Yay, Well done =D

ReputationRep:
    lol thanks..Koibito put in the hardwork from now and you'll get in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TashanLewis)
    lol thanks..Koibito put in the hardwork from now and you'll get in
    Ah, hai! After reading the entire thread it really makes you want to work harder. Everyone here sounds like they've done such brilliant stuff, i've got to work harder if i want to get into a good uni ^^ Heh living up to the great ones ^^

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 12, 2018

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.